View Single Post
Old 01.12.2005, 07:06 PM
Amateur
Amateur

hmmm. I hear what you are saying... but

The TI can manage the sound of all the previous incarnations of the Virus range - on steroids and then some! You have the raw processing power of the dual motorola dsp processors (same ones used in pro-tools TDM) the huge polyphony - and the keyboard action is very, very nice. It simply sounds fucking amazing.

If I had a couple of the previous incarnations of the Virus in my studio kit list - which also sound fantastic - then I would have to think long and hard about owning a TI. But I don't.

The TI OS is somewhat at a Beta stage and will require some extensive work, but it must be said the rate of the updates from Access is very acceptable. IMHO as it stands it is worth the cash just as a standalone unit, without the Virus Control. When the TI is fully working it will be simply amazing.

So what I would say is go and demo the TI (for 3 hours like I did) and you WILL want one, it's as simple as that.

MonkeyMan (cHieF BAnaNa FiDdLER for AcCESS mUsIC)