View Single Post
Old 02.12.2005, 12:20 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
The TI can manage the sound of all the previous incarnations of the Virus range - on steroids and then some! You have the raw processing power of the dual motorola dsp processors (same ones used in pro-tools TDM) the huge polyphony - and the keyboard action is very, very nice. It simply sounds fucking amazing.
i never disputed this. but for myself, tomer and alot of others, the extra $1500 price premium of a TI over a used Virus is not something we feel is worth paying given that we still have not touched a 1/10th of what even a Virus A is capable of.

this is personal preference of course but i had to reply to the ''top of the line' remark because there is a big tendancy in this industry to place a greater emphasis on one's tools than on one's ability to use those tools. As far as digital painting goes, a graphics tablet is a graphics tablet is a graphics tablet. it is irelevant which one you use as long as you are comfortable using it.

there is also a tendancy for computer musicians to just go with the upgrade loop and get the new revisions and the new updates regardless of whether they have even mastered the old feature set.

what that means that many computer musicians dont actually master anything in this manner. which i think is ostensibly quite bad.

a would gladly accept a TI if it were given to me, but i do not buy 1st generation hardware and i do not move onto a new synth until i feel i have mastered the one i have got first

also, i dont have $2000 lying around