View Single Post
Old 29.12.2007, 04:23 AM
New here
New here

Default Access Virus KC OS 6.5 Issues Keyboard Local

i have an access virus kc

when i first bought it secondhand the os was screwed (entire sections of the menu were missing including "keyboard" so i couldn't enable it to local - i've read somewhere in the past that other users have had the same problem from time to time) so i reinstalled a fresh copy and it all worked fine and the complete menus were restored, problem solved till now

here is my problem - i have only just put a studio together, hooked up a controller keyboard to the virus kc so i could play it from in front of my computer, due to the midi setup not working properly i took the controller out and when i did the kc's keyboard stopped working and the keyboard submenu was gone which i of course require to enable the keyboard to local.

i've tried reinstalling the os and it seems to install ok but at least once a day the keyboard stops working and the menus disappear. on turning the power on the os will occasionally boot properly with the usually missing keyboard local menu and with a functioning keyboard, however 9 times out of 10 it doesn't. last night the issue arose again so i tried a suggestion from a ti user off of another forum - holding down the arp edit button while powering on and the keyboard and complete os booted as normal. this is a reset for a ti so i don't know if it was a coincidence but i guess i'll see next time. anyone know if this is or if there is a reset for the kc as well?

the os is 6.5 btw, might try downgrading if the problem persists / take it to see if it can be repaired, maybe it's a flash rom issue but do others have this problem?

thanks

Last edited by hdark : 29.12.2007 at 04:25 AM.