View Single Post
Old 18.03.2008, 06:37 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Sounds like it would perhaps be worth a try (downgrading). However, have you tried redownloading OS v6.5 in case the one you have is slightly corrupt?

Do you have the Virus hooked up to anything else via MIDI?

Otherwise seems it may be a hardware issue.

Have you contacted Access support?

i only have it hooked up to the comp via a motu express 128 though i've had the problem before this. i've reinstalled os6.5 too many times in the past to recall, sometimes it works, sometimes not. when it does it's not long before the problem returns.

i downgraded to os6 last night. it installed correctly and the problem persists. i will try os5.5 later though i'm not expecting it to work. at the end of the day even if it works i'm missing out on the extra features of the latest os.

is it worth contacting access? it's not under warranty. i'm going to contact the authorized repair center in my country and see if they can do anything. i have read of others having similar issues and i hope it is just a problem with the flash rom or something. it's quite disenchanting because i'm a huge fan of the synth and access in general and this is my main synth. i couldn't afford a brand new one so i bought this second hand. i'm thinking the previous owner burned me. to top it off i sold my functioning fine virus a just after i bought this and then the prob started appearing

Last edited by hdark : 18.03.2008 at 06:40 AM.