View Single Post
Old 21.10.2013, 02:39 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
If you do intend to use a guitar with the TI, you might like to know that the TI also has 6 emulated 'stompbox' distortion models in the effects section along with a speaker cabinet emulation. I assume they are of a decent quality as Christoph Kemper (creator of the Virus) also makes profiling modelling amplifiers.

Yes, the TI can do ambient really well.

I imagine the Moog emulated filters in the Virus C and TI would be perfectly suitable for dubstep, however my old Indigo doesn't have those specific filters so cannot be sure.
I own the C and yes those filters can deliver the extra grit, in an analogue/characterful kind of way - not so much the digital, skrillex like kind of sound.

The Ti has also reviewd versions of some of the distortion fx included on the former models, including the C, I believe. I really dig the distortion sound on the C though, so it's surely a no brainer. The quality of the fx on the Virus is beyond believe for a VA instrument. There's simply nothing out there that even comes close. In particular, the sound of the reverb surprised me a lot and usually send some audio from DAW to Virus when looking for those big lushy reverb tails! Better then that you're talking Lexicon or Eventide here - and that's a lot of buck for dedicated fx units!

I can get pretty agressive sounds from the Virus, the positive triangle FM mode is amazing! I like the FM sound of the Virus A LOT! when the oscillators are synced, the sound is so precise and yet has a lot of dimension to it, unique textures you can get! the gritty kind! couple that with the fx and the wonderful sounding filters (and all the modulation options) and you're in for some spacial trip!