Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 02.03.2008, 05:10 PM
New here
New here

Default virus b MIDI rx problem?

I don't know if this is really a call for help or a general "wtf" post, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

here's my setup (generally)

m-audio axiom-25 (USB powered) send MIDI to Virus b. Virus audio back into my MBP. I connected this setup out of the box and worked fine. now I have a mysterious problem.

Friday night: virus/axiom runs 100% A-OK during a goofy sessions w/a friend. halfway through the session, we're done w/the virus, so I turn it off, leaving the axiom for more MIDI control in Logic. AFAIK, no settings on any devices were changed, and Logic did not send anything goofy to the Axiom.

Saturday: Virus no longer receives MIDI from the Axiom, but I verify in Max/MSP that the Axiom is sending the appropriate MIDI. I used Max for this so that I could verify that the proper MIDI info was coming from the Axiom.

This is like 11pm and I just go to bed to handle it today.

Sunday: No change. I verify that the Virus does indeed receive MIDI (and make the noise I want it to) when sent from my MBP through an m-audio midisport 2x2. I verify that the Virus does indeed receive MIDI when I route the Axiom MIDI send through MaxMSP, back out to the Axiom, and from there to the Virus. I test the Virus with my old alphaJuno-1 send MIDI. Works fine.

I wipe the Axiom memory. no change. I reload the Axiom presets. no change.

I back up my Virus. OK. update the Virus b OS from 4.5 to 4.9 (better late than never).

No change in the Axiom/Virus relationship. Virus still works 100% OK when routing the Axiom through MaxMSP.

I've been through all my System settings (which all appear copacetic) and dug through the manual and searched the forum. The Virus seems in shape.

Now, I know that the problem could be w/the Axiom, but AFAIK this is also in ship shape?

This situation is not a life-or-death problem, but it's gonna be a hassle to have a lil patcher running just to make what an IN->OUT connection work.

any ideas?

thanks!
----------------------
now w/myspace action:
http://www.myspace.com/billygomberg

Last edited by billygomberg : 02.03.2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03.03.2008, 08:28 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Reset Virus settings. Check the manual for the instructions.
Old 03.03.2008, 03:16 PM
New here
New here

thanks for the quick reply Juho. I'll post later tonight (EST) with my results. fingers crossed.
----------------------
now w/myspace action:
Old 03.03.2008, 11:55 PM
New here
New here

ok - a reset of the virus AND of the axiom fixed the problem. i had previously cleared the memory, but not truly done a reset on the axiom, so i guess i can't truly point a finger at either of these and lay down some blame, but everything is working so all
----------------------
now w/myspace action: