Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.02.2009, 09:44 PM
New here
New here

An example of a crashing patch with os3 is the RAM1 1-6 FunkTripMS, it simply doesn't sound with os3, crashes the whole thing and i need to panic the unit to get it working again..
Old 24.02.2009, 08:50 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuni View Post
An example of a crashing patch with os3 is the RAM1 1-6 FunkTripMS, it simply doesn't sound with os3, crashes the whole thing and i need to panic the unit to get it working again..
Make sure you report any sort of reproducible bugs you find like this to Access support (email) guys so we can increase the speed of bug squashing! (message not targeted at you specifically astuni, just generally)
Old 25.02.2009, 12:49 AM
New here
New here

On my Ti Polar with OS 3.0 the machine will frequently not produce any sound randomly while idle. The only fix is to unplug and replug the Polar back in (power switch would have been nice).

Additionally at about 20+ minutes of inactivity the Polar will play internally and send out a sustained random note via midi. While I thoroughly enjoy the Virus sound and a panic button press will usually stop this, it has surprised myself and other household members repeatedly at unexpected times. This behaviour has existed now thru several OS updates and is very annoying.

Everything else is perfect.
Old 25.02.2009, 03:49 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetica View Post
Additionally at about 20+ minutes of inactivity the Polar will play internally and send out a sustained random note via midi. While I thoroughly enjoy the Virus sound and a panic button press will usually stop this, it has surprised myself and other household members repeatedly at unexpected times. This behaviour has existed now thru several OS updates and is very annoying.

Everything else is perfect.
Are you sure that's not a design feature to alert you to the fact you have left the little Polar to gorge on power? Try a test to see if it really is a random note, or if it is the same note of the patch currently loaded. (^_^)
Old 26.02.2009, 11:21 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Quote:
sure you dont have a ghost.
Old 26.02.2009, 01:03 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
sure you dont have a ghost.
No, that has happened to me several times with various Virus OSs. It is definately the Virus, I checked my whole system done and it happened both on my old Powerbook and my Mac Pro
Old 26.02.2009, 05:53 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

It's happened to me too, bunches of times!
Old 26.02.2009, 05:56 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
No, that has happened to me several times with various Virus OSs. It is definately the Virus, I checked my whole system done and it happened both on my old Powerbook and my Mac Pro
I had the same problem once, even without usb link...the Virus, on its own, sent out a single note.
no big problem, but maybe you Access gods should know it
My personal music (classical, soundtrack, anything else): http://www.myspace.com/stefanobottarellimusic

"Everything starts with E"