Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.04.2018, 04:23 PM
New here
New here

Default Knob/Parameter flickering between 2 values

Hi.

I have a problem where a knob sometimes is stuck between 2 values. Flickering between them and stealing display focus.
I've uploaded an example video here: https://youtu.be/UAii27jT6-A
The display is stuck on Waveshape and when I turn the cutoff knob it jumps back to shape since that is still changing between these two values.

This is on a Virus Classic.

Is this a known problem and is there any way to fix this myself?

Cheers,
Geir.
Old 16.04.2018, 05:29 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Is it still there after restart, or if all the controls have been moved? Is it related only to one the parameter (Waveshape), or does it happens with all other parameters too - to narrow down the problem ...

Greetings,
rio
Old 23.04.2018, 12:28 PM
New here
New here

Hi.

Sorry for the late response.
It's still there after restart. And it's not only related to one parameter. It seems I can put any knob in this position (jumping between two values).

Geir.
Old 23.04.2018, 01:46 PM
New here

Hi,

ok, maybe you can upload your video again..so i can take a look there, whether it is related to my thread/problem too (http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=34514).. the classic has potentiometer or (not detended rotary encoder)?

my virus acts normal since ~1 week now - not sure whether it's finally gone - i hope. actually i did following things:

- i had boot with pressed both „env mode" buttons -> „knobs test mode“ and there i had tested all knobs several times (min <---> max tests).
- i had opened/closed device with care like i had described

..maybe something of my doing has triggered the virus back to normal.

Greetings,
rio
Old 23.04.2018, 08:04 PM
New here
New here

The video should work now. I managed to set it to private instead of unlisted
Old 24.04.2018, 07:08 AM
New here

Ok, best you leave the video online. Maybe someone has an idea too. What I recognize from the video is that it is specific to "Shape1" and falls back on "Shape1" again, while you turn other knobs, because it can't catch any exact value (toggles whether 5 or 6) for Shape1. looks similar to my weird problem, where values flickers between 0-1,1-2, 2-3, 4-5 .. But it happened only in these small value range (<10) and in my case the knobs had not reached the value 0 by turn the knobs complete to left (only with fast movement).

Does this happen with all other parameters on the same way or does it jumps always to Shape1, by turning all other knobs?
Do you get smaller values on Shape1 than 5-6?
Do you get smaller values for all other knobs?
Did you do the "Knob test" several times or did you tried to open the case and a wiggle a little the black connector cable (with care)... while you run the "knob test" again? it just a guess.. I found out, that once the device was open, the phenonem first disappeared, I had done everything several times until it ran so far ...

best regards & good luck, rio

Last edited by Rio : 24.04.2018 at 01:03 PM.