Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 08.07.2003, 07:03 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I'd think if a company was smart enough they would produce a small analog synth with midi for under $300. There is definitely a market for it.
Old 08.07.2003, 07:49 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS
I`d rather have a 303, so I can jump around the room tweaking the filters in a frenzy like some one out of Altern8.

I really hope Roland make a future hardware version of the 303, cause some sad day there`ll be none left. Whats gonna happen then?
Well thank god the original 303 is a monophonic analogue synth. There are paople/manufacturers making affordable monophonic synths right now.....its only a matter of time before someone build an identicl replica.

Personally I want to see a manufacturer re-make the Jupiter 8, OB8 and Prophet 5. I love the sound of these old classics...and Iwill be mighty pissed off when I can no longer use them.

OK the Andromeda A6 is still far too expensive......but im thinking that an 8 voice (Jupiter 8, OB or 5 voice (Prophet 5) would be appreciably cheaper to make. Compared to the A6 these old classics had a very simple archetecture....no built in effects toworry about, no midi...pretty simple by todays standards.....but fuk me they sound unbeatable. Now I know all you guys do techno/trance kinda music....but take it from me your music would benefit soooo much from using some lovely analog poly sounds. Analog poly synths give your music that edge which you just cant find from digital or VA.

The only problem I see is that whoever designs and builds them...will rip us all off like they do with the MOOG VOYAGER. I like the minimoog.....but I wouldnt pay $2500 for a monosynth.....your paying a high price for the name.

DS
Old 08.07.2003, 08:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

yeah and tommy i guss when the tb's will start to show up in the selling my synth adds they will be very rare and will cost 2000 dollars or so :]
anybody knows what was the original price of the tb when they start making in back in the 80's i heard it was around 300-400 dollars is that true? :P
Old 08.07.2003, 09:49 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

[quote="DIGITAL SCREAMS"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS
Compared to the A6 these old classics had a very simple archetecture....no built in effects toworry about, no midi...pretty simple by todays standards.....but fuk me they sound unbeatable. Now I know all you guys do techno/trance kinda music....but take it from me your music would benefit soooo much from using some lovely analog poly sounds. Analog poly synths give your music that edge which you just cant find from digital or VA.
You would be surprised as to how difficult a polyphonic synthesizer is to make. Its very difficult! Easier in software.
________
Cumshots

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08.07.2003, 09:54 AM

well DS your loaded it will take me a year for save up for another synth ,i think it will be an analog but dont know
maybe i'll get me a nice modular like the g2 or nord mod 1
what i do know is that it wont be another va
one va is enough for me (dont know why you need 2 ds )
(well i do know,you like the sound of them both
Old 10.07.2003, 04:32 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default 303

I think it might be impossible to make something that sounds exactly like a 303, (unless someone spends a huge amount of time and analysis and programs some software to do it) because the parts in the originals are no longer available.

Pete

http://www.silvertortoise.co.uk
Old 11.07.2003, 04:02 PM

The Virus is a weird synth! Most of the time it can sound very thin.......but every so often its capable of making insanely phat sounds.

Im starting to wonder whether the first 2 Virus' I had sounded 'thinner' because this 3rd one ive got sounds so much better....pitty its goto to go back cos of claw marks across front

Maybe my 4th Virus will be cosmetically/sound great!!

Strange

DS
Old 11.07.2003, 04:08 PM

you know what they say
i hope 3000 is not your lucky number if you know what i mean
Old 11.07.2003, 04:21 PM

The problems ive been experiencing with the Virus...im almost certain ts Turnkey to blame..NOT Access

DS
Old 11.07.2003, 08:24 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

DS,

I'm gonna sound like broken record but dude stay away from Turnkey! In my experience they don't give a flying f*ck unless you're mega-famous.