Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 29.01.2009, 01:40 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Snow Usb Audio

Hi Guys, im new here but have been reading and following your antics for quite a while.

I am soon to purchase a Snow. Im just wondering if it is possible to route audio TO the snow via usb. Such as for use with Atomizer etc.

The reason I ask is im getting the snow before my new sound card, and currently do not have analog outputs to send to the snow.

Cheers guys !
Old 29.01.2009, 04:50 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdruxpin View Post
I am soon to purchase a Snow. Im just wondering if it is possible to route audio TO the snow via usb.
Yes, you can. I´m using my Snow as if it were a nice high-end sound card. All my computer's sounds are automatically routed to the Snow when it's switched on.

Quote:
Such as for use with Atomizer etc.
That's a bit more tricky. Apparently this is possible if you use the new OS3. This should allow the Snow to be addressed as if it were an effect plugin, so you can send audio through it from your sequencer.

However, the current beta version of OS3 is barely usable on the Snow because of massive problems. I went back to 2.7.x after a day because I had to reset the snow every few minutes (due to crashes).

I must admit I haven't experimented with this new feature enough to tell you more about it. Possibly someone else can shed some more light.