Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.03.2009, 10:32 AM
New here
New here

Default unstable virus TI via USB and vista

Hi!

As e new member of this forum am not a new TI member: I have it for about 2.5 year now. But lately I experience some difficulties with my TI and the USB integration. When I put my virus on and power my pc thereafter Cubase 5 won't see the virus... (it does sees midi!). When I shut off the virus, close cubase 5, power on the virus again and when I start cubase 5 then it works!
In some cases when there is a lot of audio data coming from the virus in cubase 5 it will hang sometimes and cubase crashes...
Old 10.03.2009, 07:16 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

You should always start the virus before your DAW because your Daw rescans the plugins every time you open it.
Old 10.03.2009, 11:06 PM
New here
New here

Hi!

I always have the virus on when I start cubase!
But when I start the virus before I start my pc, cubase won't see it...
Old 11.03.2009, 12:52 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Strange problem. I'm using the Virus TI (Snow) with Cubase 4 and Vista (via USB) and I have no such problems. Both with 2.7.x and the latest 3.0.1.6 the TI is quite stable and problemfree using this setup.

Are you using the TI as audio interface/soundcard? Maybe it works better if you use the TI's own ASIO driver as opposed to a 3rd party ASIO driver? Just guessing here.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:16 PM
New here
New here

I don't use the TI as a soundcard... I use the emu 1820m. I also experienced this problem with cubase 4... When I don't see the virus in cubase, I shut cubase off, then unplug the virus, then I start cubase and then cubase will see it...
Old 12.03.2009, 09:22 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Make sure your USB controller isn't using the same IRQ as anything else. If it is, that could lead to the instability issues you are describing.

You can check by opening Device Manager and viewing "Resources by Connection".

To open Device Manager, click Start, then right-click "Computer" in the Start Menu. From the menu that appears, choose "Properties".
A window opens. In the top left are a list of 4 tasks. Choose the one at the top that says "Device Manager". The device manager opens.

Click View, then choose "Resources by Connection", as shown.

See the screenshot below for how to use Device Manager to check the IRQ your USB controller is using:

As you can see, on my work PC the USB controller shares an Interrupt Request (IRQ) with the IDE controller. This does not cause any problems for me because the USB devices I use are a keyboard, mouse, and backup drive, which all have relatively low bandwidth requirements. However, if I were using a Virus on my USB port on this computer, it is likely I would run into problems.

Unfortunately as IRQ assignments are generally left up to ACPI these days it's a bit tricky to change them to something else. Here is a link that describes a similar problem, with steps for resolution on the 3rd post down.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...Q-numbers.html

Hope this helps!

-Annikk

Last edited by annikk.exe : 12.03.2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 24.03.2009, 11:03 AM
New here
New here

hmzz seems interesting. What is the IRQ number in the list? the 21 in (PCI) 21?
The virus should have an unique IRQ number?
Old 24.03.2009, 11:56 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Yes, in this example the 21 in that list is the IRQ number for the USB.

The idea is that you should only have one IRQ assigned to your USB ports. If you have the same number being shared by other things then it means that the USB is competing with those other devices for interrupt requests. In some cases this can lead to problems, so if you are experiencing a problem and nothing else works than this can be an avenue worth investigating.

-Annikk
Old 24.03.2009, 08:25 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Hello.
I got the same problem whit Cubase5 and Snow.Often Cubase and now Life7 too wont recognize the Virus.before i had Installing Cubase 5 everything works perfekt.And in Cubase wen i play a patch whit delay the sound begin to flicker.Not so in Live.(Sorry,i dont speak god Englisch)