Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.01.2009, 03:05 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Question Snow with FLStudio

I'm asking this question for a friend of mine - so bear with me please.

I only have experience using the TI Snow with Cubase Studio 4, but he uses FL Studio and doesn't want to switch hosts. FL doesn't render in real time so apparently some tricks need to be used to render tracks with the TI.

What would be the most efficient way of integrating the Snow into an FL workflow? Is it the way it is described in the tutorials of Access (i.e. bouncing a full track down to a channel and saving that as a file) or is there some quick workaround using e.g. Edison?

Cheers in advance!
Old 18.01.2009, 11:03 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to CyberKenny

It's true that this may be a major workflow issue as realtime rendering is not seemingly ever going to be implemented because of limitations in the programming language, but if you still want to stick with it you will have to find a way of recording the Virus anyway.

Of course, recording either the whole project (if you do have the power) and saving the recording instead of exporting it from within FL Studio or doing a recording of just the Virus track(s) with Edison (or another audio editor) is the fastest and easiest thing I do. One thing to remember is that Edison can place a recording directly into the playlist. You most probably need to do some cutting because of latency, but if you have experience with the cut/paste shortcuts in FL Studio you can do it while you're in the playlist. This way you should get the most precise results as you can see the other tracks and patterns and are able to sync it manually.

It's all logical and unnecessary, but of course when you're not rendering offline you are very exposed to having artifacts (as a consequence of too much CPU load for example) along with your recordings and you will experience that you'll often have to record the same phrase over and over again until you have the perfect recording.

I have yet to find a simple way to mute the tracks if you have a big project and lots of patterns where the synth is being used often.

I'm sure there are other people on these forums that has better tips to give you, but this is at least how I do it. Good luck!
Old 19.01.2009, 06:10 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKenny View Post
I'm sure there are other people on these forums that has better tips to give you, but this is at least how I do it. Good luck!
Thanks a lot!