Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.01.2006, 10:41 PM
New here
New here

Default VIRUS CONTROL AND SONAR 5 ("almost" works)

With Sonar 5 it sort of works...... Timing etc is perfect.

The BIG problem is that the delay compensation of the VIRUS CONTROL PLUGIN is delaying all the other plugins with a couple of MS. This means that the keyboard response (latency) for the other VSTI s is much higher and it's difficult to play.
When you DISABLE the DELAY COMPENSATION in the VIRUS CONTROL PLUGIN all other plugins do NOT have the extra latency and work ok, but then the VIRUS CONTROL is out of sync.

As an example ;

Try to load a drum into Kontakt. Play the drum on your keyboard with for example 5.8ms. You should have a quick response.
Then load the virus control (with delay compensation ON in the VSTadapter plugin settings) in the same project and play the drum sound again via your keyboard. You will now notice a delay in the response. Weird.
Turn off delay compensation and try the same thing...drum latency is ok...but now the timing of the VIRUS is horrible....

Are there any people that are having the same problems and have a fix?
Old 05.01.2006, 05:03 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to glendale

Hey

I'm not working with Sonar 5 - but Sonar 4 and the TI keeps crashing quite often. So I thought about updating to Sonar - if it is a Sonar thing ... how did you connect the TI? Are you sending the Midi-Clock? Does it work without VC?

Thanks and Cheers,
glen
Old 06.01.2006, 07:28 AM
New here
New here

Hi there,

At the moment I am using the VC with Sonar. It's sort of ok with the delay but I must admit that the system is a bit unstable when using VC.

With the USB connection for midi only it performs the same as when using the midi cables. Maybe a bit more hanging notes and more stable.

I also had the DSP crash sound a couple of times when chaing patches in Sonar. Wow! that kills your ears.

TIP: Turning off delay compensation in the plugin settings is more stable. Then use the normal audio out per channel (not usb)and per channel. That results in the sound being a bit late. in the channel timing enter -50. Then it's ok. When using loops you'll miss the first note...but not a big issue.