Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 22.03.2006, 02:17 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba
http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/
werd.
Old 24.03.2006, 04:04 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
DS: If i remeber correctly an ML-303 contains every exact bit and piece as the original TB303.
Isn't that a bit dodgy, on the legal front?
Old 24.03.2006, 10:52 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
DS: If i remeber correctly an ML-303 contains every exact bit and piece as the original TB303.
It?s not like Roland is making less money since they don?t make it anymore so i can?t see what the problem is By the way, isn?t there a max limit of years that you can patent things? I know there is with medical products...

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 24.03.2006, 11:06 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
By the way, isn?t there a max limit of years that you can patent things? I know there is with medical products...
It's 20 years.

Many people would like the idea that Roland and some other companies would still make analog synths but analog circuits are just so much more expensive to design and build compared to digital synths that most companies just make digital synths. And it's not sure how many analog synths Roland for example would sell now if they built the Juno and others again. So many people don't know that analog synths sound better and maybe don't even hear the difference and if you want you can download your whole studio from internet so hardware sales are going down all the time (which is sad of course).
Old 24.03.2006, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
I bet that Roland doesn't really care.. They are probably just happy that they could forward people to a product that is similiar to their TB3030.

It's acctually quite funny that you can find schematics for moog-filters/oscillators/MS20-filters and so on and still people pay so much for the 'real' deal. If you can alittle something something about electronics you should be able to get a working filter/osc and so on..

Pff.. I am quite pissed now

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/