Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 13.03.2005, 05:32 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
Hah, yep. Axel Hartmann is a crazy engineer!
Hartmann from Nueron fame engineered the Andro? If so, did not know that one!
Old 13.03.2005, 10:41 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Hartmann from Nueron fame engineered the Andro? If so, did not know that one!
A clip from the www.hartmann-music.com webpage...

"Axel Hartmann

Today a designer known and respected by the music industry throughout the world, Axel Hartmann earned his wings as the in-house designer at Waldorf Electronics. To this day, he remains the creative force behind this German high-end synthesizer manufacturer's corporate design. With the Wave, Q and Attack families - actually, all Waldorf products as well as the company' attention-grabbing corporate identity - to his credit, the merits he garnered there were many. In 1995 Axel Hartmann joined forces with Stefan Leitl, launching a design company based in Ravensburg, Germany. His accounts list reads like a who's who of the entire music industry. Numbering among his most striking accomplishments are the Waldorf Wave, Alesis Andromeda, Steinberg Houston, and Creamware Noah, to mention just a few.

With Neuron, Axel Hartmann has made a long-held dream come true - to develop a synthesizer a breed apart. His determination yielded an instrument boasting uncompromising aesthetics, innovative technology, and a totally ergonomic feel in perfect harmony with Stephan Bernsee's jaw-dropping synthesis engine."

If I understood the text correctly, Hartmann was one of the designers of the andro.
Old 17.03.2005, 11:44 PM

F5D....how highly do you rate the Andy in terms of satisfying analog sound? You have other analogs right? Just wondering how you think it compares to the others. Sorry if Ive already asked you this before!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 17.03.2005, 11:58 PM
Pro
Pro

Some pics for DS, at the bottom click the link deepsonic.ch/2003/htm

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4200
Old 18.03.2005, 12:02 AM

Thx Tranzash....checking it out now....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 18.03.2005, 08:35 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
F5D....how highly do you rate the Andy in terms of satisfying analog sound? You have other analogs right? Just wondering how you think it compares to the others. Sorry if Ive already asked you this before! DS
This is not a simple question because the Andromeda is so different from any other analog synth. First toughts may be that the sound is a little crisp. Many of the presets and the patches which can be downloaded from the Alesis homepage have too much resonance. I usually turn it down in most cases. The filters (and the resonance) do sound good but many presets use the resonance too much. But that's not the synth's problem.

Ok, the synth has it's own sound character. It doesn't sound like moog or juno. It lacks the very old hazy vintage sound of the oscillators. It's hard to describe but it doesn't sound a 70's analog, it sounds like today's analog. This still doesn't mean that it doesn't sound good. It just doesn't sound like moog or juno, it sounds like andromeda. And there are so many sound shaping possibilities in andro that you can make very good, different and interesting sounds with one. And it also works as an analog drum machine too. The andro definitely sounds analog and the filters are great but I wouldn't buy it to replace a 70's analog synth.

I'll continue this when I'll get back home...
Old 18.03.2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
I'll continue this when I'll get back home...
Please do, you've got my attention. CAnt afford one, but defenitely interesting hearing aobut its sonic texture, considering I have never had the chance to get my paws on one.
Old 21.10.2005, 09:51 PM
Pro
Pro

Well, it has been a while since I promised to continue the story...

A demo mp3 gives you better picture than any words. I just recorded a demo with some of my own sound patches (the presets mostly suck ). I played everything mostly wrong but I guess you get the idea: Andromeda demo 2005 F5D
Old 21.10.2005, 10:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Holy fuck.
I never expected the Andromeda to sound like that. Holy titty fuck.

Did I said Holy fuck?

Maybe a bit much verb but still...Nice demo!
Sounds MUCH brighter than the TI(even tho the TI sounds AWESOME).

Damn. Now I want one lol

I knew I should have avoided that link.
But thanks for the demo
Old 21.10.2005, 10:44 PM
Pro
Pro

Empire strikes back!

Guess who's satellite that is!?