Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.10.2004, 01:02 PM
New here
New here

Default MIDI syncing Virus C to cubase -> can't use keyboard anym

I want my Virus C synced to cubase VST. I have a Evolution keyboard and a 2x2 MIDI sport.

I get the sync working, but don't seem to be able to get the keyboard working anymore.
Hooked it up this way:
cubase sending MIDIclock through MIDIsport-> MIDI in on virus. I see the clock messages coming in on the virus. I put the evolution on USB in my laptop and see MIDI coming in, but it is not being put through on the Virus. I also tried putting the keyboard on the MIDI thru port on the Virus, withouth succes.
Strange is that I am able to play the virus with a software MIDIkeyboard using MIDIyoke.

What am I doing wrong here? Why arent the MIDI notes from my keyboard coming through on the Virus? (the keyboard does work if put directly into MIDI in on Virus).

Hope you guys can help me out! tx in advance, grtz. Noshado
Old 22.10.2004, 02:15 PM
This forum member lives here

Another MIDI victim hehehe.......

Looks like a simple connection issue.

Forget the USB.....hook it up like this:

MIDIsport (MIDI) OUT--------->Virus IN
Evolution (MIDI) OUT --------->MIDIsport (MIDI) IN

Make sure you follow all settings to use Virus with a sequencer (read manual)

Make sure Evolution is transmitting/recieving on MIDI channel 1, and Virus the same.

Make sure Cubase is optimised (ie MIDI "Thru" enabled, no MIDI filtering etc) or better yet, upgrade to SX2/3 (You wont regret it!)

This setup however, wont let you record any knob movements from the Virus. I would advise getting a multi-port MIDI interface, to provide for the possibility of more synths etc

There are lots of ways to do this, I hope my way works for you

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.10.2004, 02:33 PM
New here
New here

It looks like I've tried it the way you say.
There's this button on the 2x2 sport (m-audio btw) that says USB/thru. press the button and the sync comes through, depress the button and the keyboard comes through (or vice versa).

But it wont work at the same time!!!!

maybe i have to go over that manual again for the 100th time

midi thru in cubase is on, all midi filtering options are off... I get a spontaneous hangover even thinking about it
Old 22.10.2004, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshado
But it wont work at the same time!!!!
I know how it feels.......MIDI was a real pain in the ass for me.

When I bought my gear, I had someone from the store come to my house to help me set up everything, and run through my system with me, and it was money well spent! I advise this highly...it saves alot of time

Im not sure what else to suggest......keep trying!

Good luck

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60