Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.10.2005, 08:19 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI vs Virus Classic ?

Hello
I have a Virus Classic and I am very happy with it.
I would like to know what are the real "sound" differences between the Classic and the TI... apart from tech specs.
Assuming that I love the Virus sounds, is the TI a whole different synth and should I really sell the Classic and buy a TI ?
Can somebody help me?
Old 19.10.2005, 09:23 AM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: Virus TI vs Virus Classic ?

the sound should be exactly the same

edit to complete it (as it ain't completet yet for panoptic):
everything the iVrus b has got sounds exactly the same on the iVrus TI, there are only added features the b hasn't
Old 19.10.2005, 09:44 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

yugo vs ferrari you pick....
Old 19.10.2005, 10:03 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

Wow, both of those other responses are pretty wrong (or at least incomplete).
The Ti CAN sound exactly the same as your classic, but it can also make a lot of sounds your Classic can't. New oscillators, wavetables, etc, will change the sonic capabilities.

However, are those additional sounds so much better as to warrant a Ferrari vs. Yugo comparison? Hardly. Your Classic is still a killer sounding synth, and Viruses have been proven to make great sound for what, almost a decade? The Ti is just the shiny new one, it hasn't drastically changed the sound, it's just a refinement.
Old 19.10.2005, 10:53 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

You have to ask yourself: "Do i really need added polyphony, hypersaw, wavetable, delay/reverb pr. part, total integration, etc.???"

If the answer is "I can?t live without these features (though i have done that until now)" then sell your classic and buy a TI.

If the answer is "The Classic sounds great and have served me well until now but it would be nice to have some extra posibilities" then save your money and buy another synth.

If you decide to get a TI you should at least wait until they have fixed all the bugs...

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 19.10.2005, 11:47 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

it was a example...you dont have to analyze it...
Old 19.10.2005, 12:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I just went from a virus b (bassically a Classic, different paint job) to a TI.
I've had it for 3 days. I'll list my major plus points below.

1- Three band eq per sound. This has made every sound much more flexible to mix. You can get a track even with 3 or 4 sounds to gel really well. On the virus b I would always rely on sending 2 stereo busses and to mono busses thru eq. Taking up resorces etc.

2- Quality of analog outputs. Even without the eq in action my old patches were more defined and clear.

3- Patch organisation. My work flow is better now with Virus Control as I use an emptly bank to noodle variations of a sound. And every bank you ever got is at your disposal.

4- Polyphony. Dah! Like hello! My experiments have impressed me. I can get the TI to top out with about 50 voices. Thats with 'Hyper saw' 8 note unison, sub oscillators, third oscillators, anlog filter emulation. Stuff you wouldn't normally use all at one time on one patch, but I was trying to get the the limit.

There are some things that will be on this list as soon as they work properly, like painles arp editing and the other things mention in the problem with your virus area.