Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 26.06.2005, 03:27 PM
New here
New here

Default whats happening with our industry?something needs to change!

Whats happened to our great industy of recording.
Digidesigns buying M-audio, Avid owns Digidesigns, Apple acquiring Logic, SAE now snatched up Neve. is our wonderful recording industry falling victom to convergence? are we going to be left with the crap just like the music industry and be left having to bow down to the dreaded big four players. are we one day going to be paying our hard earned money to say a company like news corp? if you ask me, kill everything that is corporate!!!!!! I would rather my money goes to a company I suport like Access , waldorf, Clavia Nord, Emu, SSL, Manley, Neumann, TLA and future retro, just to name a few.
let me know what you think about this or if it even matters to you.
Old 26.06.2005, 11:27 PM
This forum member lives here

Dont forget about Peter Gabriel buying SSL.....

Which I guess isnt the same thing....at least he is a muso!

The thing is....I guess this is just business as it has always been. I dont really care about companies like Maudio etc, I dont think they make a very good product anyways, and having Avid behind them could only be a good thing. SAE buying Neve, well.....Im not really interested in new neve products, only vintage ones.....and Rupert is still making/designing awesome gear through other smaller companies.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 27.06.2005, 07:35 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Im not really interested in new neve products, only vintage ones.....and Rupert is still making/designing awesome gear through other smaller companies.
Hey Jasedee, have you heard of www.rupertneve.com and the new Portico pre? It's very affordable, and sounds very 1073-ish (after all, it IS a Neve). I heard one yesterday, would make a great DAW front end matched with decent converters...
Old 27.06.2005, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon
Hey Jasedee, have you heard of www.rupertneve.com and the new Portico pre? It's very affordable, and sounds very 1073-ish (after all, it IS a Neve). I heard one yesterday, would make a great DAW front end matched with decent converters...
Yeah...I did see that a while ago. What is the rrp on one of these??? Im looking at adding some more preamps to my setup, as I find that using my Studer 169 pre's for everything gives every track a very similar sonic texture, its a very nice sonic texture, but no good having it on every damn instrument.

Was also looking at the Manley langevin dual mono pres, or perhaps an Avalon designs M5.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60