Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.12.2014, 11:07 AM
New here
New here

Default Indigo 1 Identity Crisis !

Hello,

I finally bought myself a Virus - an Indigo 1 and I've run into a problem...

One of the keys wasn't working so I opened it up and checked and cleaned the contacts (it now works!) and I poked around a bit more to try and determine the display model (it's a Displaytech 162B) so I can replace it (only $25!) but...

Once put back together it now tells me on boot-up that it's no longer an Indigo, it thinks it's a KB. Has anyone seen this before? Also, the mod wheel no longer works, in fact if you touch it it kills the sound, and even changing patches doesn't bring it back (need to reboot for that). I've tried reflashing the OS, reflashing to an older OS, but each time it tells me it's a KB. Sigh.

I mean, it works, as long as I don't mess with the mod wheel - but who knows what other quirks it's going to pull on me.

I haven't replaced the display yet, so when I open it again to do that I'll recheck everything, but I'd love to hear if anyone has seen this kind of identity crisis in a Virus before. Cheers!
Old 11.12.2014, 01:15 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi there, did you remove any of the internal ribbon cables when looking inside? Just wondering if there's a possibility you may have put them back incorrectly, as they all look the same. Or they may have come loose.

Here's a copy of my Indigo's wiring, as taken from here:

Old 12.12.2014, 12:08 PM
New here
New here

Thanks Timo - you were completely correct... just had the cables around the wrong way. Thanks!

I read your other thread, and can confirm that the power switch has a toothpick in place, so it's an Access thing
Old 12.12.2014, 04:52 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

No worries, glad the mod-wheel/kb issue was solved.

The toothpick issue is indeed amusing. But I guess it works well, so hats off to their inventive initiative!

Regards the LCD, are you having problems with the existing one? If it's merely a contrast issue, you can alter this in the menus. However if you're looking to replace, there was a thread where someone replaced the LCD on his Indigo II, albeit with a different LCD model, but which may be of use generally:

Indigo 2 / Virus C LCD Replacement

Have a good weekend.