Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 17.09.2004, 10:58 PM
New here
New here

Default My Virus C desktop doesn't sound

Hello,

I've a soundblaster audigy player an a virus C desktop. My connections are:

MIDI IN (virus) to Joystick port (the cable is a DIN to a 15-pins, it's the MIDI cable of my evolution mk-249c, a midi controller)

OUT1 (virus) to Line In on my soundcard (the cable is done by two mono jacks(big) that joins in only one stereo jack (small))

My sequencer is correctly configurated, i'm working with the virus in the correct channes and in single mode.

SoundDiver doesn't detect my virus... but that isn't the problem, the problem is that mi software sequencer cannot play it.(I use FL Studio, and I tried too Orion Platinum with no results)

What can I do?

Thanks
Old 18.09.2004, 07:37 AM
New here
New here

get the right cables DIN15 with 2 cords (in and out) IN for triggering the virus,and OUT for recording data to PC.
Old 18.09.2004, 09:25 AM
New here
New here

just i've buy the rigth MIDI cable. The audio of the virus sound when I press EDIT+SYNC. But VirusDiver doesn't detect my virus, and I cannot send midi notes from my secuencer (FL Studio). I tried Orion Platinum but its fail too...

My lead of "single" is on, and the midi channel on the virus its the 1.

What can I do???
Old 18.09.2004, 06:07 PM
New here
New here

Solved. The problem is of my SB Audigy Player: the joystick port doesn't send midi data to the virus (i tried it in another pc, and runs fine).

How can i fix it on my sb?
Old 19.09.2004, 04:16 AM
This forum member lives here

The best thing you could do here, is take the SB, unplug it from your computer, and then throw it out in the garbage bin. Then, save up a little bit of money, buy a new soundcard specifically designed for audio, and then maybe a MIDI interface. that should see your problem solved!

Sorry bout the sarcasm, but for audio, the soundblaster cards are about the worst thing you could possibly want to use. They are mainly a gamers card.

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 19.09.2004, 06:27 AM
New here
New here

hahahahaha

ok it's a good advice, but now i haven't got money, i need two or three month for save 150$ because after buy my virus i've to give a lot of money to my friend.

I'll do it in december
Old 19.09.2004, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Sorry bout the sarcasm
Oh. For a second I thought you were really advicing him to throw away his SB and getting a better one. ?hih.

Kyodeejay, on the other computer you tried, did it also have a SoundBlaster?
Old 19.09.2004, 01:25 PM

Yes, indeed money is the source of much headaches......

I would like to live in an idealistic world where I cared not about money or my 9-5.....but alas, no money means no virus, computer etc.....

And that means sad Jase

Save your pennies dude.......you will be in a world of joy when you get some cool gear, but for now, find out how best to use what you have, and make the most of it. You will surprise yourself how some really cool music is made under circumstances that are less than ideal, as we are forced to use something that most of us take for granted.....

Our brains!

Good Luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 20.09.2004, 07:41 AM
New here
New here

[quote="Juho L
Kyodeejay, on the other computer you tried, did it also have a SoundBlaster?[/quote]

Yes it had. It has got a SB Live! (he *only* use it for games)

I've think three options:

1. Exchange my SBAudigy with the SB Live! of my friend.
2. Plug my old sound card (Maxi HomeStudio 2, no ASIO...) and use it for send/receive MIDI tothe virus, andtheaudigy for record it
3. Try to repair my MIDI port (very difficult)
Old 20.09.2004, 12:16 PM

What about:

4. Buy a USB/MIDI interface.....they are dirt cheap these days. try to get something like the Midisport or Midiman 2 x 2......

Good luck!