Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07.03.2011, 11:46 PM
New here
New here

Default Why does my Indigo2 sound bassier/phatter than my Ti2?

I am a proud recently new owner of a brand new Ti2 Polar. OMG what an instrument! Such a joy.

The first day I had it I did some side-by-side comparison with my Indigo 2 (with the "Indigo" written in script). All in all the Ti2 seemed brighter and more digital, the Indigo seemed warmer (could have been my imagination).

But then I compared same-named patches and the Indigo versions were bassier, and phatter. Definitley richer low-end. (in fact on some patches I couldn't even get to the lower octaves that the Indigo was set at - maybe I just need to transpose those patches down?). But when comparing within the same octave, there was a big difference in sound.

Anyway, what could account for this? Is the Indigo a phatter beast? Is there something different in the Ti patches - maybe a sub-oscillator or the eq?

I have other priorities, but I would love to do more tests, even though I must soon sell the Indigo

Thoughts?