Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 10.02.2014, 09:54 PM
This forum member lives here

Formed in 2005 though -- that's right at the very end of the tip of the music meltdown and before iTunes killed it completely
Old 10.02.2014, 10:02 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Formed in 2005 though -- that's right at the very end of the tip of the music meltdown and before iTunes killed it completely
Yes, but it took them until 2013 to release first CD. More than enough time to refine and hone their distinctively fresh sound. They are not trying to be yet another "me too" group and even that music video/studio version of performed live song, "better Dig Two", shows they definitely think outside the parameter box. I at least, find their music refreshing.

It was not my wont to prove you incorrect rather, to be an optimist in showing the glimpse of hope I once renewed by this one example.
Old 10.02.2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Yes, but it took them until 2013 to release first CD. More than enough time to refine and hone their distinctively fresh sound. They are not trying to be yet another "me too" group and even that music video/studio version of performed live song, "better Dig Two", shows they definitely think outside the parameter box. I at least, find their music refreshing.

It was not my wont to prove you incorrect rather, to be an optimist in showing the glimpse of hope I once renewed by this one example.
Yeah, I know. But my point was just that the lure that used to draw talent to the industry is drawing way less talent -- even though they didn't come out with a CD until many years later, it seems like they kind of made their career commitment before the "real crash" (MGMT is similar in that regard).

Also, a tangential topic since you mentioned Letterman.... Over the last two years I've noticed most of the newer bands that come on his show with a keyboardist or two have shown up with MIDI controllers (presumably controlling soft synths) rather than an identifiable synth. The exception seems to be rap groups (sometimes country ones) that sometimes show up with a Triton, Motif, or similar rompler type workstation. Its gotten really noticeable in the last 6 months or so, usually you see a Novation or Akai controller rather than Moog, Korg, Roland etc on the back of the keyboardists main board.

Buggles should do a new video: "Softsynths killed the Hardware Star"
Old 11.02.2014, 12:05 AM
Pro
Pro

THAT was exceptionally funny~! it was also incredibly ironic because 'MTV' seemed to pretty much cease doing what they advertise themselves as, "MUSIC television" in the decade prior to your presumed date of things changing.
Things change, I get that. But on a similar note, WTF would there be two hour blocks of "fake wrestling" on the Science Fiction Channel???

What has changed that's making people more amused at totally fake reality shows? Too much radiation? Spiders from space? I digress, but way too late for that.
I was as much annoyed that Keyboard Magazine, of which have been a long time subscriber, has moved onto glorifying the DJ as if they were Keith Emerson himself....again, WTF???!
Speaking of which, people have literally become "Brain Salad Surgery" cases, and no, they would never pick-up on that reference even in same sentence.
Back on topic: Maybe aforementioned dumbing down is the now-aging RAVERS whom took a seemingly popular lab created rave/club drug and they also reproduced!!??