Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 19.05.2006, 10:03 AM

Default need some help because of a scientific essay

Hi mates,

Who speaks German here??? Can someone translate the word "Impulstreue" to English? I have to write an essay about that in case of microphones and I need quiet a lot of informations about microphones, measurements, how to do that and especially about "Impulstreue". And if it's possible not just from the internet because we need quiet a lot of book links.

Hopefully someone speaks German that he can translate it that everybody understands what I'm looking for.

ok, cheers
mas
Old 19.05.2006, 01:11 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Babelfish says "Impulse Loyality"...

... Do you mean Convolution? Like "IR" (Impulse Responses) to imitate/copy microphone characteristics?
Old 19.05.2006, 03:45 PM

it's not to copy or imitate something. it's the difference between the input and the output. an electric static microphone has got the better output than a dynamic one.

for example if you record a 1khz sinus and you analize this with your computer after recording, you'll get a result of something like that but not exactly and only. or if you generate for example a 1khz sinus with your computer and you listen to it with your monitors, you definitly don't hear exactly this frequency. for that reason you've never heard and you're never going to hear a real sinus.

I think it's quiet interesting but I don't find enough informations to write a good essay or at least to get a good score
Old 19.05.2006, 04:02 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Total Harmonic Distortion and Dynamic Range will be good starting points.

But watch those dB measurements.......tricky
Old 19.05.2006, 09:56 PM

So you will be looking at frequency response of certain microphones?

Maybe check out the AES website, there are alot of papers there written by engineers etc

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 19.05.2006, 10:48 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to HiEnergy Send a message via AIM to HiEnergy Send a message via Yahoo to HiEnergy

I'd translate "Treue" to "fidelity"...
impulse fidelity

just my EUR 0.02

HiEnergy
Old 21.05.2006, 01:19 PM

Jase you're right that what I explained was the frequency response but what I'm really looking for is the transient response.
sorry mate, my example was a bit wrong. I think I should sleep more. My concentration is suffering by sleeplessness.
Old 21.05.2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas
Jase you're right that what I explained was the frequency response but what I'm really looking for is the transient response.
sorry mate, my example was a bit wrong. I think I should sleep more. My concentration is suffering by sleeplessness.
So it is how well different mics (dynamics, condensors, ribbons) responds to fast transients???

So you will be looking at the electronics of these, sheesh, I fookin hate all that stuff. I was doing advanced electronics at university, and it was a nightmare. I dont know how I managed to pass...

Obviously, with a dynamic mic (electro-magnetic) the mechanism for turning acoustic sound into voltage is alot different to a condensor/capacitor mic.

If I get the time, I will see if I have any notes I saved from those lectures, but I cant promise anything

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.05.2006, 07:46 PM

would be great to get some stuff from you.

cheers