Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17.10.2012, 06:25 AM
Pro
Pro

Bought the Waldorf Blofeld Black Keyboard early Summer this year once I knew most O.S. updates had fixed most bugs other than the arp first note timing issue that's kind of inherent in alot of Waldorf gear. I actually think it augments/supports diversity in one's set-up as aforementioned, different synths have different sound personalities. Have a few other rack synths by Waldorf and am used to the intuitive interface and it is a very capable synth--can be crazy twilightzone or velvety lush and both at same time in multimode. It's SO distinctly it's own sound, decide not much overlap and have kept my Microwave XT orange beast because it is not really a VA rather, it is a true synth in which I am convinced is reversed engineered alien technology! The Blofeld nowhere reaches sound design abilities of the XT. Having multiple flavors of synths ALSO means in a mix, not having to use massive polyphony on any one instrument and keeps frequencies from canceling each other out rather than becoming muddy.

Have a DSI Evolver Desktop and I think since 2 of 4 oscillators are fully analog and can modulate anything with everything, with a stereo external input, rather than a Mopho, will definitely be adding a MonoEvolver Keyboard to daisychain the two and have all the extra buttons and knobs/control. For versatility, the Evolver wins every time for me over the Mopho as Evolver is definitely not a one trick or two pony and the sounds....lovely madness. It also looks quite nice resting on the Virus KC and there will be just enough room on far right side for the MonoEvolver keyboard to live on my Virus KB...yep, find enough distinct differences between B/C is why have both and the Blofeld holds it's own with that trio!

Should add to be further on-topic that amongst my rack units, there lives the first Supernova, where she too has her own distinctions to contribute. My Maine Coone Cat-Mix keeps them all from quibling by laying upside down on his back spread eagle every time I am playing, right below one of the heavy duty onstage kybd stands