Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.10.2005, 02:45 PM
New here
New here

Default TI presets

Looking at getting a virus TI in a month or so. I have a few questions.

1. How many presets come with it?

2 I make trance and funky house so which soundsets should I be looking for, if I need any?

3. Are the presets that come with the ti anygood?

4. At the moment I am just using vstis like z3ta vanguard is there a big difference?

cheers
Old 21.10.2005, 02:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Hey BlueIce!

There are thousands of patches on the TI and the presets are very good and diversified. Lots of trance stuff and quite a few funky ones(especially the Ben Crosland factory bank..sick stuff!)
Old 21.10.2005, 02:59 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Re: TI presets

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueice
1. How many presets come with it?
2048 presets

Quote:
2. I make trance and funky house so which soundsets should I be looking for, if I need any?
Initially I dont think you'll need to buy any additional soundsets as the TI comes with 256 vengeance sounds pre-installed. www.vengeance-sound.de are the best dance/trance/techno preset makers for the virus. Obviously, if you wish to buy more soundsets....then check out their site.

Quote:
3. Are the presets that come with the ti anygood?
One thing that can definitely be said in favour of the Virus range...is the quality of their presets. If you are a preset user and only wish to tweak at most then there is no better synth. Not only do you get very useable dance/trance presets....but you also get a whole host of superb ambient patches designed by the likes of Howard Scar and Ben Crosland.

Have you checked out the demo mp3's of the new TI range? Go here and scroll down a bit http://www.access-music.de/events/09...i_welcome.php4

Quote:
4. At the moment I am just using vstis like z3ta vanguard is there a big difference?
There is a massive difference. Having a tactile, hands on experience evokes creativity. This can only be a good thing. If you still wish to use your softsynths then the TI will double as a great controller.

In terms of sound and considering the genre you feel most passionately about...then you'd be best served by a Virus. Sure, your other softsynths are more than capable....but in my mind there is no other VA which sounds as warm as the virus. Additionaly, the virus oozes personality.....its upto you whether you like this or not. I owned a Virus kc for 13 months and because it was my only synth at the time....I did get a little frustrated by its tone. Ive later come to realise that this is the case with *any* synth....esp when its the only one you use. The Virus in conjunction with others is perfect (I wish I had realised this before i sold it)

Cheers

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 21.10.2005, 03:49 PM
New here
New here

nice 1

Is it easy to set up with ur pc and cubase sx
Old 21.10.2005, 03:59 PM

Im inclined to say yes. But i dont personally use computers at this stage....i just play synths live. Everyone esle in here records using their virus...and im sure they can help you!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 21.10.2005, 04:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

blueice: I would say it is easy to set up with Cubase but there are some serious issues at the moment. Nothing that prevented me completely from recording with the Virus, but the timing is often "sloppy". They are working on a fix...I just hope that they CAN fix it and make it work as expected/advertised. I'm not all that worried tho...The sound is fantastic!
Old 21.10.2005, 08:31 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: TI presets

Quote:
Looking at getting a virus TI in a month or so. I have a few questions.

cheers
I've had both a Virus C and still have Z3ta and while the Z3ta sounds very good and is very flexible you can't say it inspires you to the same degree as the Virus. I can't really say I'd have any softsynth over a Virus and I've tried a few, although they are still very much usable in productions.
Old 21.10.2005, 10:18 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

man for my opinion vst's are musch more stable and better soundin then lots of hardware on the market and i can say thats the virus can do what no vst can from the sound's i heard...and if u must have just 1.
any trance producers use vst's for their tracks.
try trance pro ,albino ,v-station they rock...
trance pro great for leads , albino nice for bacup ,and v station has some of them both .
and virus is a must get synth to push ur tracks to the next lvl/./.
Old 22.10.2005, 12:43 AM
Pro
Pro

???
Old 22.10.2005, 01:59 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Theres shitloads of presets and they are very very good overall.