Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.11.2005, 08:37 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

IM expecting Dave Smith to announce a Keyboard version of the Evolver analog monosynth......and for me that would be tempting along side an 808 and DX7MKIIFD

I wish modern trance producers could get some real analog and DX action going into their mixes....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 29.11.2005, 03:41 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Muzik: I'm incredibly happy with my upgrade from an Indigo 2 to the TI Polar. I'm surprised that more people aren't mentioning this (I guess it's not a big deal to them), but the navigation on the TI alone makes my life so much easier. Instead of plodding through menu after menu like I did on my Indigo 2, I'm where I need to be in button click or two and the 3 value knobs allow each menu to give access to multiple tweaks. The category addition is great and the shift key idea (it allows you to jump to menus by holding down shift and a button which normally has a defined function, but doubles as a quick access button for the function that is written underneath it in blue) was brilliant. These may sound like little things and they played no part in my decision to purchase a Polar initially, but they have become the reason that I'm most satisified with the purchase.
Old 30.11.2005, 06:14 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Hi merlyn,

I would have to agree, any improvement in navigation from the Virus's front control panel is nice to have.

This is one thing I don't like about C and earlier series Viruses, mainly editing a program from the front panel of the Virus C/B series,is a bit too slow for my taste, and I personally hate scrolling through many menus on a Virutal Analog Synth, it contradicts the whole idea of immediate, and fast programming, tweak and go ! (I miss the Prophet V)

The TI (Total Integration) software should make working with your new TI Polar even more of a joy, rather than hard work, pushing buttons to go from one menu to the other, plus another added advantage of the TI software is that you can take a fast look at the entire gut of a program, to learn how a sound was created, and what is modulating what, filters, envelopes, mod matrix settings, effects, waveforms, ...etc. in a nice visual presentation. (You get the Big Picture, and in color !), Trying to figure out what was programmed on the Virus C and earlier models is a pain.

Thanks for the additional info about the TI.