Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.12.2005, 02:51 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default TI (OS 1.07) with Logic Pro 7.1 OSX Tiger feedback?

Hi,

It would be helpful to hear how the latest Virus TI, OS version 1.07 is behaving with Logic Pro 7.1, running on OSX Tiger ?

Is it very stable ? any crashes (Logic and/or TI) ? Arp midi clocking issues ? Audio Pops/clicks ? Midi timing ? Any other issues ? etc....

Thanks.
Old 04.12.2005, 12:02 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN
Default Re: TI (OS 1.07) with Logic Pro 7.1 OSX Tiger feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp
Hi,

It would be helpful to hear how the latest Virus TI, OS version 1.07 is behaving with Logic Pro 7.1, running on OSX Tiger ?

Is it very stable ? any crashes (Logic and/or TI) ? Arp midi clocking issues ? Audio Pops/clicks ? Midi timing ? Any other issues ? etc....

Thanks.
I have all sort of issues at this point using logic pro 7 and Virus Control....as now I can say that Virus control is the worst vst I have ever used.....hang notes/total recall doesnt work/etc.....Im thinking of returning my TI since its givinge me more headaches and ruining my inspiration......think about this....i go to logic and start working on a track.....after choosing lots of sounds from Vc then it decides to stop responding....just like that....sometimes it stops responding after 10 mins or sometimes after 1 hours........its so unreliable that makesit useless......should I get a Virus KC, use it the old fashion and save money??
Old 04.12.2005, 02:29 PM
Amateur
Amateur

That is very bad news indeed. Do you think it is an issue with the Ti unit you are using - is it worth exchanging it for another one?

I would be very interested to read any other experiences of people using their Ti's on the new dualcore-G5 Macs running Logic 7.1 under Tiger OS X - good or bad.

Food for thought.

Turnkey are the only official UK distributer of the Access Virus Ti. After discussing this the other day with the Senior Sales Manager of a reputable pro audio store - it was suggested that maybe Turnkey are farming out the dud Ti's to the competition and keeping the good ones for themselves.

Ouch.
Old 04.12.2005, 03:04 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
That is very bad news indeed. Do you think it is an issue with the Ti unit you are using - is it worth exchanging it for another one?

I would be very interested to read any other experiences of people using their Ti's on the new dualcore-G5 Macs running Logic 7.1 under Tiger OS X - good or bad.

Food for thought.

Turnkey are the only official UK distributer of the Access Virus Ti. After discussing this the other day with the Senior Sales Manager of a reputable pro audio store - it was suggested that maybe Turnkey are farming out the dud Ti's to the competition and keeping the good ones for themselves.

Ouch.
lol- this is funny. you are not for real, are you? please tell this "senior sales manager" that he's welcome to contact me directly (ms@acces-music.de) if he has any serious and profound concerns. to me this just looks like a pretty premature attempt to diss his competition.

marc
Old 04.12.2005, 03:13 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN

I Dont think the problems are Hw related...I think it has to do more witht he plug in and the usb. Unfortunatelly this is bothering me much more than i thought it would.......I love the feel of the keyboard...the sounds.....but I dont know how long it will take...if ever happens to get it working as a TI.
Old 04.12.2005, 03:32 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Marc. Straight up.

In fact he advised me from purchasing the Ti altogether - to cancel my order and get something else. And yes I personally thought that it was strange that he should be telling me this. It's up to him to contact you if he is reading this - not down to me.

My mind is set on the Ti despite any teething problems which it may have at this moment in time. It will be one of the main sound generators in my new virtual studio. I am presently waiting for my order to arrive. If you are wondering about my genuineness - check my other posts out.

Lets hope that it is bullshit - as I have an invested interest in this. And lets hope we have a fully working OS from you in the very, very near future. Then it wouldn't matter either way - keep up the hard work.

regards
Old 04.12.2005, 03:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
In fact he advised me from purchasing the Ti altogether - to cancel my order and get something else. And yes I personally thought that it was strange that he should be telling me this.
Not at all strange - it's obvious he can't supply you with one at the moment, but he still wants your money. That's what salespeople do
Old 04.12.2005, 05:45 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Thanks for some feedback, but so far, it seems like things are still buggy.

Anyone using TI with Logic Pro 7.1 with perfect bug free integration, I mean completely bug free, and is just having fun making music ? If you exist, where are you ? Any happy users on the Mac ?

What's the deal ?

Any positive feedback, or is it all bugs, and problems ? This is quite frustrating to hear.

I have the KC, and currently considering keeping the KC, and looking into adding alternatives to the TI, such as :

Dave Smith Poly Evolver, Nord Lead 3, Nord G2X modular, or...

(plus this will give me a new flavor to work with)

On a positive note, maybe the TI, OS version (1.xx) will be out before the end of this year, and finally the Virus Contol problems will be history, (trying to be optimistic).

Bottom line, no TI for me until a bug free Virus Control, Total Integtation OS is available. hopefully this will happen before I spend the money on another synth.

Customer loyalty is on the line.... but not for too long.

Old 05.12.2005, 08:53 AM
Amateur
Amateur

The dave smith poly evolver is a fantastic sounding synth - capable of the weirdest insane noises. Instantly playable and very addictive to use. It is not really a question of whether to get a Ti or a Poly Evolver as they are two totally different sounding beasts. The Poly Evolver can only do so much (polyphony wise) and should not be treated as your only/main sound generator. If you have the dosh pal get both - you will not be disappointed.

Zebastian - have you tried just using them great sounding analogue outs on your TI - and ditching the Virus Control? I have been told that it is the way forward. Let's be honest who really wants 16bit sound this day and age...