Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04.04.2005, 06:44 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid
Default in need of analog goodness...

recently ive been getting the craving for an analogue polysynth. i started to notice these things on ebay for less than ?250 and my virus hasnt quite satiated my desire for another machine. i want a nord lead 2x baaaad. but at ?750 thats not gonna happen anytime soon. and ive got a nice slice of aggressive VA action with my virus b. and i remember something DS once said about analog synths. what am i saying?! pretty much everything DS says involves analog synths. and the 80s

soooooo.

what are some good affordable MIDI'ed up analog polysynths? ive been looking at the juno-106s and the jx-8ps. and they look tempting.

the kind of sounds im wanting to create? bright. warm. almost guitar like. if that makes sense. i write mostly psy and the big gap i have in my tunes are distinctive, forward sounding leads. that arent 303s. i think im also trying to compliment my virus b with something quite different in a sense but one which will work well as a team. feel free to wander this thread into the land of analog appreciation. me = beginning to see some the nuances of analog synths. someone feed my addiction for analog goodness - throw this crack addict a sweaty analog rock! thank you! in advance!

(P.S. i wasnt sure what forum to put this in. i hovered over a few but settled on this one because it seemed like the most appropriate?)