Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.01.2007, 11:34 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

http://afrobytes.free.fr/ELECTRO1.mp3

http://afrobytes.free.fr/ELECTRO2.mp3

Here are some exemples of my first drums with the virus.

I bought it for synths and classic TR like sounds.

I uses the 10 first channels for drums, the rest for synths

If i want to change a sound, i just send a Program change with my sequencer so i'm not limited.

All the sounds are in mono mode, so i know that i wont be using more than 10 voices of polyphony.
Old 16.01.2007, 07:28 AM

Smile

sounds realy nice, thanks for that stuff.

the Ti has 80 voice of polyphony, so -10 voices for the drum will not be a real problem.

and for sampled drums I could use the KAOSS pad 3 - it has all the drum sounds of the Radias.
Old 16.01.2007, 08:47 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dries View Post
sounds realy nice, thanks for that stuff.

the Ti has 80 voice of polyphony, so -10 voices for the drum will not be a real problem.

and for sampled drums I could use the KAOSS pad 3 - it has all the drum sounds of the Radias.
Erm - no it doesnt - the KP3 has a few drum noises in there that could be useful to a DJ for carrying a beat over a transition, but nothing that much use in music creation - the radias has alot of excellent proper drum sounds, good for many genres of music along with alot of useful patterns.

I have both - the KP3 is a very fun DJ fx tool - while it may share some code with the Radias, I cant say that I particularly notice the herritage in the resulting sound. Radias filters and fx are way better. The synthy noises in the KP3 certainly have a radias character to them - that is the bit that I think Korg refer to when they talk about technolgy from the radias in the KP3.

On poly use your missing the point on drum polyphony with the TI as well. If you want 10 drum sounds - the you will need 10 patches in multi mode - ie 10 midi channels - that will leave you 6 for synth parts.

Actually now that you bring up the radias - maybe it might suit you better as a starting synth? Though if you have the cash - go for the TI to start with a use a sofware based drum machine plugin for now, or you could use the radias to cover both. Radias is fixed at 4 part multi-timberal, but it has a huge advantage over the TI for drums - it actually has a drum mode so you can stick a whole loads of drums sounds in one patch - unlike the TI where you need separate patches.

Nice demo camus
Also F5D posted a really nice prog rock type thing ages ago with some really good natural-like drum sounds in it.

Last edited by Khazul : 16.01.2007 at 08:59 AM.