Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12.11.2014, 04:40 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I hadn't read post 25 yet. My comment was to the earlier comments.

I totally understand you are saying taste has nothing to do with it. BUT you can't see that it is. I couldn't give a f about FWM or how many other people like them as I don't, apart from poss 2 or 3 songs, that is my taste!

Again i will bring up labels benching acts... Those big studios churning out hit after hit, this WAS easily controlled by the labels. If Sound Cloud existed in the 80's and 90's, band like FWM, Oasis etc, might never ever of reached the stardom they did. There's more to a big act, band than musical skill. Marketing is majour. Their sound dominated then, it was hard for others to get a look in, even underground bands were crafted carefully to appeal to the target audience. Many had the skill but weren't pushed as it would distract from the sales of who ever they were pushing. Do you see the big sales thing now!!!!

I came fresh outta the rave scene, we liked noise crafted in peoples bed rooms. The stuff these big names were making we despised. SOFT ROCK my arse, it sounds like shit to me. MUSIC IS TASTE. If every one liked Shit we would eat it. If every one like the noise you don't it is your taste that makes you think it is shit, not that it is actually shit.

If I was in charge of the world I could buy all music creators and make it so only a few bands which i controlled had market share. Those bands would now sell the most. Every one would see that sound as the sound of there youth and have an attachment to it. I'm using way out there similies now to try paint the picture.

We can't have this debate with out taste being a factor, as there is no science to what is good music, more dynamics, less dynamics, repetition, no repetition. If every one starts dancing and loving a mad porta tone sine wave while Fred bangs a bin lid, that will be what music is. YES, your right, Fred and his bin lid might never have as big a following and sell as many records because, there is Dave, Jack, John, Simon and every fucker else with their bin lids getting equal opportunities at exposure. These artists arn't getting benched. If they were benched Fred might easily rack up the numbers. MARKET SHARE!!!

I bet hundreds of musicians could have made just as good tunes as FWM back in their day if given the right team and studio to work in. Today, we don't need that.