Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.06.2006, 06:57 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

My search button is the wrong way aroung from all the rest , My Mod wheel is really free and too loose in my opinion, but still got 9 months of my warranty left on it, so I'd rather live with these small quirks just now and if I find out there is any hardware issues and I get cold feet then it will be getting sent back in month 11. Does anybody know if you get a new unit do you get a new warrnaty. (Bought mine from soundcontrol)

All my front panel knobs are ok though

Cheers
Kris
Old 26.06.2006, 12:13 AM
Pro
Pro

bishop, are you sure you can exchange your virus to a new unit in month11? I doubt that, I think they will "repair" your unit
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com
Old 26.06.2006, 12:25 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

stuff that I'll get the shop to give me a new unit, It was a ex display model as I didn't want to wait, but before I bought it I checked (as I read the forums) He said I had a full 12 months on it. But if not then A repair will do. I seriously don't belive that there is a hardware issue, not with mine anyway as I seem to get very few issues with it. Plus I think it is funny when I see people going on about a bad batch when I know that I really do have something stupidly wrong on mine, like the button the wrong way around.

I see the access employees in the forums state that various things wouldn't get past quality man if the operators where I work let something like that slip they'd get the sack.

My point is though There does seem to be a slight issue with early models in regards to pots and buttons (Build quality)

Cheers
Kris
Old 26.06.2006, 12:27 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send it back, simple as.
Its your entitlement.

If it was a $20 coffe maker...well
but a ?1400 synth ????

SEND IT BACK.
Old 26.06.2006, 02:04 AM
This forum member lives here

The C series had 6 months of warranty. Isn't the TI range the same?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.06.2006, 02:33 AM
Pro
Pro

6 months? I have 3 years...
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com
Old 26.06.2006, 02:54 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Depends on where you buy it, I think sometime the seller extends it if they have the facility to deal with repairs. I'm not in the mood to be sending mine back, I bought a car at the same time now that is fecked and my uncle sold me it. Well seing he's now fixing it for free fly sod. I'm serious mine is fine so far and I can afford to spend some more time with it. I have no serios issues in standalone mode.

Cheers
Kris
Old 26.06.2006, 02:34 PM

Posted this elsewhere but it is prob better off here...

Heres an update....

After contacting my supplier and detailing my issues with the TI he wanted me to bring it in to the shop sometime this week and meet with the Access distributor...

When I rang today to organise a time, he told me that the Distributor had told him not to bother wasting time, and to contact the local authorised service centre for repair.

So I rang the local service centre (who also happens to service Novation and a few other reputable brands), and was told that if my unit was in one of the early shipments (I received my unit in the very first shipment) - and taking into account I was getting clicks and pops consistently even when using just midi/analog outs - certain components will need to be replaced.

Upon further questioning I was told that 'a couple of capacitors and a few other tidbits would need to be replaced/resoldered'. He also informed me that 6 other TI units were in for repair - all from Melbourne.

He would not disclose how long he has been doing this exact repair job for.

Anyways, if this sorts my tI then well and good. But I must say that if it is merely a 'couple of capacitors' - then having these issues for more then 8 months is more than a little frustrating. And I must say Im quite concerned that other 'capacitors and tidbits' may be faulty in my TI, as I only have a few months warranty left.

Im not angry, just disappointed...

cheers

Blay