Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 19.11.2008, 07:20 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus Indigo Help!!! Global Control Settings Question

what im using: pro tools 7.4 (003 rack), logic 8, emagic unitor 8 (midi unit), virus indigo, nord lead 2, mac g5

I accidently changed some settings in my control menu on the virus and now i cant use it correctly in my sequencer. with local turned off, im getting no sounds when i press the keys after choosing a virus sound/track. when i use another control (nord lead) and pick a virus sound in my sequencer, i here the sounds. also the sequencer is reading all my knob turns on the virus. just the keys arent working. i tried reading this foreign manual i got and still dont understand a lot of the control settings. i do have it on multi-single mode. when i look at my midi timepiece (unitor) i dont see lights flashing when i press keys on the virus. for my nord lead i see lights flashing when i press keys whether my computer is on or off.

any ideas on what i should try changing in the control menu??
Old 19.11.2008, 11:27 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I'm utterly useless when it comes to MIDI (I normally just keep changing values until it works, lol), but turning Local Off disables the keys and instead lets you control the Virus from an external keyboard or sequencer.

With Local Control On you will be able to play the Virus' keys, but the signal may double back on itself (generate an echo) if it's hooked up to anything else, as the note data is being sent to your sequencer and perhaps back to the Virus again (depends on the config).
Old 20.11.2008, 04:17 AM
New here
New here

the local should be on off when im in the sequencer. i also noticed that knob movements do not record. i have my virus keyboard hooked up the same exact way midi wise as my nord lead. on the nord i can record keys being pressed and knob movements. the tempo of my virus isnt synced either.

all in all, my virus is not cooperating midi wise with anything. should i just reboot it? anybody want to run through the control/edit menus and tell me what i should put my settings at. i tried damn near everything. i actually probally made it worse