Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.10.2008, 08:57 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmaGard View Post
Read first line in first post
I misread a later post to say 'Snow' when it said 'now'
Old 30.10.2008, 07:36 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmaGard View Post
Read first line in first post
---

Are you sending midi keys solely through you motif, or have you tried entering notes in the parts in your DAW to?

Did you load up the VC interface as an VST instrument and set "midi" output to the TI?

(Sorry if these are dump questions, but I don't know how experienced you are with these things )

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

i've tried three different connections.

I'm able to send midi keys from MOTIF OUT to TI Desktop IN.
The TI is able to receive datas from MOTIF in every part.
I can send datas also direct from DAW to the TI and it works in same way.
The TI receive MIDI datas. I can send also datas from MOTIF into my DAW and from there depend on the "tick" in field "THRU" direct into the TI.

I'm using the VC Software as VST instrument and i send datas also from MIDI OUT to the TI. I set this for every part (if i want to use all 16 parts from sequenzer mode) and i can see a streamline in every part of the VC-Software.
Also i see that the TI get MIDI Datas on every part, like NOTE ON, OFF, Programm changes and so on.

The only thing is the problem with the missing audio signals as written before.
Normally i'm very experienced with my routings and i'm able to use many different routings depend on my actual work flows. Therefore i'm using also two MTP to implement all my necessary babys, my M-Audio Firewire 1814 or direct the mLAN Interface from my MOTIF

I've sended a support ticket to acces in the meantime, but they have also no solution. The misterious thing is, that the headphone is also not working if i select parts as written (2, 4, 6, 8---).

My suggestion is, whether somebody from the Forum lives near Speyer in middle of germany and is working with an TI Desktop also.
Maybe he (or she ) can spent some minutes with me and integrate my TI in his or her workflow, to check whether it works than or not.

Otherwize i'm very helpless, cause my TI is working only by 50 percent
Old 30.10.2008, 08:52 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Send a message via MSN to AjmaGard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschi999 View Post
Hi,

The misterious thing is, that the headphone is also not working if i select parts as written (2, 4, 6, 8---).
I agree it sounds really strange. Also that the it's every second part that doesn't work...

Can you check that these part are set to send on for instance "USB1 L+R" or "USB2 L+R" (I don't have my virus right here, so the names can be wrong). If the parts are set to send on for instance "USB1 R" only, I would think you wouldn't hear them (but I'm not sure of this either). Also, check that you are connecting the headphones to the left out and not mistakingly in the wrong output
Alternatively if the parts are already sending on for instance "USB1 L+R" try changing it to "USB2 L+R" and see if this makes a difference.

Another thing you should actually check is that the sound is not turned down in the VST instrument part (in the Volume lane)... could be that your DAW would do such a thing.

I'm not sure what an MTP is? It's not a device that allows you to connect more midi stuff to the same midi port, right? If so, that could be the root cause of you problems if your TI is connected through that

I have a Virus snow so I only have 4 parts, but the way I connect my gear is:

Midi keyboard --> First USB port.
TI Snow --> Second USB port (I use the Snow as soundcard at the moment).

In Cubase:
Load up the snow (on the VST menu (F11 key)).
Create 4 midi tracks (one for each part) sending on midi channels 1-4.
Input to the midi tracks are my Midi keyboard.
Outputs are to the Snow.

That's pretty much it.

Hope you get it to work, I'm running out of ideas.
If you can tell any more details on your setup, please do so
Old 30.10.2008, 10:34 PM
New here
New here

HI,

Quote:
Can you check that these part are set to send on for instance "USB1 L+R" or "USB2 L+R"
I've checked ALL outputs,From USB 1 L+R to USB 3 L+R, and also only the lefts and only the right outputs.

Quote:
Also, check that you are connecting the headphones to the left out and not mistakingly in the wrong output
For the headphone there exist a seperate output. No result.
On left out i've connected seperate to the Audio IN's from MOTIF. Also no result without USB cnonection and with USB connection.

Quote:
Another thing you should actually check is that the sound is not turned down in the VST instrument part (in the Volume lane)...
Highest level for testing without any result.

Quote:
I'm not sure what an MTP is? It's not a device that allows you to connect more midi stuff to the same midi port, right? If so, that could be the root cause of you problems if your TI is connected through that
MTP is a MIDI TIME PIECE from Mark of the Unicorn and a device as written by you. I know that this could be the root, but it is'nt, cause in my workflows where the TI is integrated, i don't use the MTP's any longer. I've read it before, that this could be the root of my problem but now i know it isn't.

Quote:
Midi keyboard --> First USB port.
TI Snow --> Second USB port (I use the Snow as soundcard at the moment).

In Cubase:
Load up the snow (on the VST menu (F11 key)).
Create 4 midi tracks (one for each part) sending on midi channels 1-4.
Input to the midi tracks are my Midi keyboard.
Outputs are to the Snow.

That's pretty much it.
It's still the same routing as i work with. The only difference is, that i don't use the TI as a soundcard
Old 31.10.2008, 06:41 AM

Hmm can you try to use the virus as soundcard just for the test then.
Just to see if it makes a difference
Old 02.11.2008, 06:48 PM
New here
New here

Hi,

i've tested it now with the Virus USB Asio Driver, but the result is the same. No Audio in Parts 2, 4, 6...

It seem's that it's a tecnical problem
Old 04.11.2008, 04:39 AM

I'm sorry I can't come up with any more ideas
Unless you know someone with a TI who lives near you who can connect his TI to your setup.
Old 05.11.2008, 12:04 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Unless you know someone with a TI who lives near you who can connect his TI to your setup
I know nobody with a TI, but if anybody read this Thread, lives near Speyer in germany and would like to spend some minutes with me to test my TI in his or her workflow, this would be great