Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.03.2010, 08:51 PM
New here
New here

Default TI Polar has lost the plot [solved!!]

Hello

A few weeks ago my TI Polar started behaving very strangely.

I had a go at updating the firmware when the symptoms started, but when this didn't sem to do anything, I put the synth in it's box and out of sight. This evening I plucked up the courage to have another pop at it.

The good news is that after restarting it with the LFO shape button held down it doesn't appear to be quite as much of a nut-job as it was last time I switched on. The bad news is that it's still unusable.

Symptoms have included:

1. not sending out any MIDI or receiving MIDI data
2. sending no audio when the keys are pressed and local is on
3. omitting the most bizarre arpeggiated multitimbral songs when no MIDI is being sent in and the keyboard is not being touched
4. controls do nothing - eg amp envelope / filter etc not responding
5. plays the correct notes and controls work and respond normally, but when you press the keys there's a horrible distorted kinda lead sound underneath whatever patch you have selected.

Symptom 3 has eased since using the LFO shape + restart trick. The others are all still there.

Any ideas? Is this fixable? Is my synth possessed?

Any help much appreciated. Cheers

Last edited by lxa : 18.04.2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: solved problem
Old 30.03.2010, 04:06 AM
Pro
Pro

Contact Virus support off their website as it sounds like something seriously wrong...

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 30.03.2010, 05:23 PM
New here
New here

Yeah, it's pretty weird. I updated the firmware again last night and it worked for five minutes and then chucked its toys out the pram again. Then I did the restart with LFO shape pressed down. This seemed to do the trick - 2 hours of music making wth no bother. TUrned it on this morning and all was fine for 10 minutes and guess what? the gremlins came back - weird noises and no response from the controls. I will contact access and post any progress up here.

cheers for now
LXA
Old 18.04.2010, 07:22 AM
New here
New here

Default [Solved] Virus TI has regained the plot

I emailed Access tech support and got a reply the following day, which said this:

Thank you for your email. Holding down the LFO SHAPE button was the reset procedure for the Virus c series, not for the TI.
Please unplug your TI from the computer, unplug it from power and also take the power supply out of the power socket. Also remove any other cable going from/to the Virus TI.
Next plug back only the power supply into the TI and the power supply back into the power socket. Then reset the unit by holding down the ARP EDIT button for a few seconds while the unit is in standby mode. Whenever this is done and the TI has booted up correctly, connect it back to the computer and try it again.

I performed the reset once and it appears t have solved the problem - an evening's use produced no problems. Hope this helps anyone who encounters similar issues with their TI.

Cheers