Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.06.2005, 12:58 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Virus Powercore Firewire trouble in Cubase SX 2 & 3 PC

I am very disappointed with my powercore firewire since I bought it 2 weeks ago. I spent loads of money to get the firewire powercore and the virus plugin because of lack of space in my studio and considered it as a great option having the virus as a plugin.
So I spent 1600 Euros on the powercore and the virus plugin.
And approx. 68 hours trying to getting it working properly, with no results.

My setup is :
Pentium 4 @ 2,6, Intel 865PERL M/B, 1,5GB RAM, 200GB Seagate HDD, Cubase 2 & 3 original, Creamware Scope 15 DSP, M-Audio Midisport 4x4, dedicated Firewire card with VIA chip for the powercore, no shared IRQ whatsoever.

I fresh-formatted my drive, Installed WinXP pro, all the latest drivers of devices + chipsets + sata + everything. I have no internet access from that pc, I have no viruses whatsoever. After the windows installation I just installed Cubase SX 3 (Original CD) and the Powercore plugs.
The thing is that everything seems to work ok, I have no noticeable latencies in cubase with creamware's ASIO driver regarding all synths.

When I create a new project in Cubase and add some plugins, everything works fine. When I save the project and re-open it, I get the following error message from the powercore error message console:

* The operating system is not capable of providing enough free non pageable kernel memory.

I have tried everything regarding the powercore buffer settings with no result. Every time I re-open an excisting project, I have trouble.

The powercore, regarding the virus, is unstable. I had the following problems.
The clock of the virus loses the sync between the clock of my host (cubase). this means that all the delays, effects and even the oscs start going mad after 4-5 minutes after I open the virus plug.
And this is not the only problem.
Without using any automation, the Virus' pots reset on their own every 5-7 minutes.
And, if this would be the only problems....
When I draw my own arpeggios in the cubase window and press play, the arpeggios don't play correctly. the virus is not capable in delivering quick responses to the note-on/ note off messages and the result is an unstable playback.
I have experimented with ASIO latencies, buffer options and everything possible, with no luck at all.

After that, I formatted my drive again and installed a fresh copy of win xp. I installed only the nessecary drivers and older versions. then i installed cubase. And of course, I had the same problems.

I bought the powercore because of the virus plugin.I cannot use it. I find it a shame that they keep selling it. It is TOTALLY useless.
I bought the powercore + the plugin to compose music and not to try to solve problems every 5 minutes.

I would like to have some answers from ACCESS. And please, don't tell me that it is TC's fault because the Virus is authorized by access and if it isn't working well, they shouldn't keep advertising it through their site or license it to TC.
Hope to get a reply before I start mailing to both of them.
Old 22.06.2005, 09:45 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Osci

i too am having problems with the powercore virus. Please send some emails directly to TC as it is only through direct action that we can expect a quick responce.

here is a link to some other frustrated users.

http://www.powercore.noheaven.com/viewtopic.php?t=1023

I too went with the powercore for the virus. I am regretting it right now and I would love for that to change.

come on TC! help us out please.