Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.12.2015, 03:38 PM
New here
New here

Default New TI2 Polar user. Question about connectivity.

Hi Guys! Y bought a TI2 polar a week ago and I am getting into the Virus world. So far I love the synth, its sound and capabilities seem incredible and very inspiring!

I have some questions that I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I decided to create this thread!

At the moment I am connecting the virus to the computer with USB. I have updated the firmware to 5.1.3 and the total integration seems to work very good so far!

But I was thinking in trying the USB for sending and receiving midi data (and controlling the virus application on the computer for the 16 parts TI) and the analog out to send sound to the computer. I thought this would liberate the USB cable to send/receive so much information, and I also want to try the analog outs.

But when I connect the usb cable everything seems to be done via USB, midi, TI and sound. Is there a way I can set the virus up to use only midi thru usb (controlling the total integration VST on the computer) and sound thru its outputs?

I haven't tried the midi ports yet, as I have a polar, I would want to keep this free to connect them to a bigger keyboard/controller in a future.

Question 2: How do the different outputs work? I have tried outputs 1 and work fine, but outputs 2 and outputs 3 don't seem to work, (same with spdif)

I might be doing something wrong here!

Many thanks guys!!!

Toni
Old 27.12.2015, 08:34 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniFernandez View Post
But when I connect the usb cable everything seems to be done via USB, midi, TI and sound. Is there a way I can set the virus up to use only midi thru usb (controlling the total integration VST on the computer) and sound thru its outputs?
Yes, this is how I use my Snow and it's actually recommended by Access in the manual if you're looking to reduce latency and other USB issues. If you set the outputs in the plugin to use analog it should work. If that's not producing sound, it could be something in your host. For example in Cubase I have to set up routing to hear the sound from the analog outs to my interface.
Old 31.12.2015, 02:51 PM
New here
New here

Thanks!!! I did it and yes, the Total integration works better this way!

Many thanks MBTC!
Old 01.01.2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniFernandez View Post
Thanks!!! I did it and yes, the Total integration works better this way!

Many thanks MBTC!
Glad to hear that worked out for you!