Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 13.04.2018, 09:29 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default [solved] Virusb - All knobs/Parameters can‘t reach value 0

Does anyone knows what’s going on on my virus b? All Knobs, which I turn to left can only reach value 2 or 3 or 4 for that parameter, but rare it can reach value 0. And when then it will flicker between 0 and 1 or 2 and 3. I had tried it several times and switched power on/off, but nothing helps … Don’t get me wrong - all potentiometers are in a good condition and that behavior is related to all knobs (as I noticed).

First I had thought, there is a wrong knob calibration by firmware, but I don’t think there is any on virus…

But I stumbled over the „knobs test mode“ (boot with pressed both „env mode" buttons) … and there I could reach 0 values by a fast turned knob to left … after all that test proceeding of every knob & and open case - looking over the motherboard, it worked again for a short time. But next time I switched on the virus, it reacts again like described.

Is it a know problem? Can someone help out with some informations about such similar issues? Could it be an electrolyte-capacitor issue (hardware), which is needed to replace or other electronic stuff? And if yes which one? I had replaced the cr2032 1 week ago too.

Edit: I had forgot to mentioned, that the Virus is in a Top condition. Looks like New (inside and Outside). So Maybe it wasn't used as much in the past. I had finally reuploaded the os4.9T - but nothing helps.

Edit2: So, after I've opened the virus again and I examined the mainboard - but I did not change anything explicitly - the virus b runs normally since 4 days now. At my first examination - when the virus was open - the weird behavior of the parameters was already gone, but it came quickly back as I had mentioned before (while the device was open!). Important too: the virus had behaved sometimes "normal" with some switch-on / switch-off tests before I opened it, but only for short intervals and then it usually fell back as soon as I turned it back on. So I had closed the virus a bit demotivated and reopened it next day again and unscrewed the motherboard from the back. I did more turns/tests with the potentiometers and during that, the weird behavior was gone and stayed that far until today. I have no idea what's going on, or the reason is. So far so good, but no real plan, what it had triggered, or whether it is finally gone?!. As soon as the behavior comes back, I will note it here - so I would not call that as "solved" yet. If someone has ever had noticed the same behavior or knows which component caused that, then please let me know - work on the board (soldering) would be feasible for me.

Edit3: It is now working over a month without any issues and the only explanation I have is that it was only occurred by faulty cable contacts. Maybe someday someone can replicate that issue to have more clarity about it...

Edit4: It runs well over 2 months, so I will mark the thread as solved, which could only happen by bad contacts on the cable connector and it was easy to solve by a small movement on the contact.

best regards,
Rio

Last edited by Rio : 20.06.2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Additional infos added