Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 24.11.2005, 02:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran

That LdStrngzMS patch is not made with HyperSaw, and is thus not really the best choice for a comparison

~+? - are you sure the pops and clicks you are hearing in this patch aren't just clipping? I'm checking it here, and it plays fine.
Old 24.11.2005, 02:45 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

DS, think you got the wrong end of my stick. I too have no desire for the Hypersaw to emulate the Supersaw. I just want to actually compare, hear, and learn the differences between the two, so everyone will know how they both stand, individually. I haven't heard the TI's hypersaw in isolation (dry) yet.
Old 24.11.2005, 03:27 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi,

Is there anything wrong with comparing the hypersaw with the JP8000 supersaw and seeing how they compare. I posted a JP8000 demo in the first message, all I ask is if anybody can try to emulate that sound as good as possible. That's a fair question in my opinion. It has beeen said here that the hypersaw would have more energy in the high frequencies so let's hear it.

Why does nobody with a TI want to do this?! Seriously, if your TI is connected to your PC it doesn't take that much time to do it. Isn't the point of a forum trying to help each other?
Old 24.11.2005, 03:34 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
That LdStrngzMS patch is not made with HyperSaw, and is thus not really the best choice for a comparison

~+? - are you sure the pops and clicks you are hearing in this patch aren't just clipping? I'm checking it here, and it plays fine.
Ben, why don't you want to post an audio demo of the hypersaw?! Didn't you mention in some old thread that the TI hypersaw would have more energy in the high frequencies, so please now let's hear it!
Old 24.11.2005, 03:35 PM

Ok gotchya

If I had a TI...... this forum would be swamped with links to sound demo's....so plz.....for god sake someone send me their TI

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 24.11.2005, 03:42 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Okay, I'll bite. This was recorded straight from my Virus b with no other processing. I could probably get a lot closer to the original if I used external processing (i.e. EQ). Ironically enough, there were no saw waves used in the making of this patch

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...C26PPOBE7TXFBZ

Peace \/
Dan
www.soundclick.com/chisel316
Hi Dan,

Finally somebody who took the effort to help with my question by posting a good audio demo! Thanks for that. You programmed it well, but now I have finally heard what many people always said and that is that when the filter goes full open with the older Virus synths it lacks alot of high end.

That's the reason why I would love to hear the same from somebody with a TI to hear if the hypersaw is better regarding this. That was the hole point why I started this thread! So, anybody with a TI could PLEASE do this demo?! I would really appreciate that alot!

Thanks!!
Old 24.11.2005, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance123
Ben, why don't you want to post an audio demo of the hypersaw?!
Two reasons:

1) Don't have the bandwidth

2) Can't be bothered, sorry!
Old 24.11.2005, 04:08 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I still hope somebody with a TI can do the hypersaw audio demo, cause this is really frustrating! It's a simple request, it's not like I am asking something that is very hard to do if you have a TI. I don't understand why nobody wants to do this.
Old 24.11.2005, 04:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

might do later....cant be arsed right now....watching csi and eating

ten
Old 24.11.2005, 06:32 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland

BEN, The problem I found it happens with that patch if the notes overlap! The overlapping notes also make the LFO act odd! Try the patch again with some note overlaps and start tweaking and see what happens.