Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.04.2009, 03:01 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Help. My first OS update on TI now no sound output :(

Hi. After reading all about the OS3 I decided to take the plunge and update.

I'm using Vista 32bit and I've got a Virus TI keyboard. I downloaded the latest OS (.12) and connected my TI to my laptop for the first time ever. I then started the installer.

Things seemed to go fine, although it took an age for the installer bar to get across, probably about 20 minutes at least. The updater seemed to work and it said 'welcome' with the OSv displayed, although after the welcome screen there is a weird scrambled screen. then it says welcome again, then keyboards goes to the patch screen like usual. But there is no sound either from the headphone out or the main outs.

I'm a bit worried now I just hope my virus will be ok.

Can anyone help me sort it out.

Thanks.
Old 29.04.2009, 04:38 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I've managed to sort it. I went to virus control and reinstalled the os and the sound is back thank god.

I think when I originally installed the os it prompted me to click 'allow' to any unsigned driver boxes that pop up. I think these boxes were popping up when I installed the OS/virus control for the first time, but it wasn't allowing me to click allow the boxes were just disappearing.

When I reinstalled the OS from virus control I booted vista so it disabled blocking of unsigned drivers.

Do you think I should uninstall the virus software and delete the virus from hardware manager and install everything again just to be on the safe side?

Cheers.
Old 09.05.2009, 04:35 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I happened to have the exact same situation to a T (Vista, upgraded to .12, took forever to complete, etc.) and got the dead audio as well. This was not what I was expecting and it gave me a bit of a shock. The re-install worked for me as well. Pheww!