Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.01.2009, 07:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cYrus View Post
you already tried to implement it in VST3? so if steinberg fixes some bugs we can expect a VST3 plugin? would be awesome!
we would be done with a VST3 version but unfortunately steinberg broke things we need so we all have to wait.

m
Old 17.01.2009, 07:57 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
we would be done with a VST3 version but unfortunately steinberg broke things we need so we all have to wait.

m
that's great i guess you had the VST 3.0.2 SDK preliminary which was released yesterday. or is it a bug in the cubase host implementation?
Old 17.01.2009, 01:35 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpace View Post
Thanks, Nice work, I definately dont have a VirusTI fx Insert option, so it must only be mac, any one got the option for virus TI as a fx insert in cubase on PC(windows)?
Don't feel alone. I just registered on this board for the sole purpose of letting you know that I am in the same boat as you. I too have no /// Virus TI/Virus TI FX available to use as insert in the Quadro created Group channel. Now that I think about it, I have never had that option in any Ti OS version in either SX 3.1.1 or Cubase 4.5.2 which I am using now. I have other VSTi that do however have an FX version available as an insert effect, such as Rob Papens Predator etc. I didn't want to think it was a MAC only thing, but since I am als on PC I am starting to wonder if this is a file included in the MAC installer but not the PC. I am a little anxious to be able to use the side chaining in Cubase 4.5.2 thanks to the original posters finding, so am also sorely disappointed that I can't do so at the moment.

Marc, can you shed some light on perhaps why the MAC version contains this insert effect, but the PC doesn 't? Is there a techincal reason, or perhaps it is just accidentally left out of the PC installer? Like I said above, I have never had this option in any OS installer for the Ti on PC. Any shedding light would be much appreciated.

BTW, hi guys! New to the forum as you can tell!

Andrew
Old 17.01.2009, 02:52 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Andrew, thank you
Old 17.01.2009, 04:25 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpace View Post
Andrew, thank you
You're very welcome. I know it feels good to be reassured. I just hope we can get a definite answer on this.
Old 17.01.2009, 05:43 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:

m
Is it broken in Cubase 5, assuming you have access to the beta version?
Old 18.01.2009, 11:39 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
in a way you're right. but since not everybody will use side chaining i think it would be questionable to declare cubase 4 to be incompatible. here's a list of host based limitations we found in regards of side chaining:

- cubase 4 doesn't support it for instruments (not a part of VST2.4)
- cubase 4.5 / 5 does support it but the VST3 implementation is buggy and other aspects of VC stop working unless steinberg fixes somethings (which they hopefully will)
- logic works but the input is not delay compensated

on the other hand:

- live seems totally fine, even with VST 2.4

best, marc
Hi Marc,

have you guys at Access let Steinberg know of the issue that needs to be fixed, and have requested that a fix indeed be implemented? I am not calling you guys stupid, but I wouldn't hand it to Steinberg to just fix things on their own. They are not the most flexible company when it comes to implementing fixes and listening to user requests. I hope something will come of this for us Cubase 4 users. I would be extremely disappointed if they fixed whatever was need only in Cubase 5 as it is their newest product, leaving us 4 users in the dust.
Old 21.01.2009, 04:11 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

just a quick bump to see if anyone has gotten this to work Via Cubase on PC?
Old 16.02.2009, 07:25 AM
New here
New here

hey guys

I've got the same problem.

I'm hoping cubase 5 will fix our problems, cuz I'm gonna bet there will never be another v.4 update.

I don't know why I don't switch to ableton.
Old 16.02.2009, 02:46 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to digitalgeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac anthony View Post
I don't know why I don't switch to ableton.
I just switched to Ableton Live a week ago, despite figuring out how to do this in Cubase it's an absurd workaround, and Steinberg's usual response is "well, sorry it doesn't work but we have a new version out for $299!" I'll keep Cubase 4.5.2 and use it for final touches, but I think I'm done with Steinberg. Between the problems with this and other instruments, lack of really helpful support and being told to pay up every 2 years...

/offtopic rant