Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.05.2009, 01:29 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
we have a confirmation from steinberg that the functionality will be added with a future version of the VST3 SDK which will be supported by a future version of cubase. we know that steinberg's own plug-ins can already do that but we don't have access to this type of functionality.

best, marc
Thanks for the confirmation Marc, silly Steinberg, hopefully they will fix this in the SDK and actually implement input for VSTis in Cubase soon
Old 13.05.2009, 01:38 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
the knobs cannot be switched because steinberg didn't implement this function into cubase' VST3 support so far. we don't have a records of open and VST3 specific bugs, so h4nc0 what makes it unusuable for you?

marc

Hello marc,

A few revisions ago when I tried, it was not working too well. I actually haven't even installed the VST3 version in the latest beta. Maybe I should, but I just don't see the reason for using VST3 version without sidechain working.
Old 13.05.2009, 02:10 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundpalace View Post
So far so good for me, I love the improvements. Although, I must admit that the new startup / shutdown LCD animations are hideous and unprofessional, v2 looked much better in this regard.
Yep - I have to agree.

-Wayne
Old 13.05.2009, 04:16 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nc0 View Post
Hello marc,

A few revisions ago when I tried, it was not working too well. I actually haven't even installed the VST3 version in the latest beta. Maybe I should, but I just don't see the reason for using VST3 version without sidechain working.
idealistically there shouldn't be a difference in between the VST2 and VST3 version of the plug-in. if the VST3 version doesn't work well for you, i'd be interested to learn more about it. maybe you want to give it another try sooner or later.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 13.05.2009, 04:31 PM
Complete Newbie

First of all, thank you Access and Marc for a great update. 90% of (my) issues seem to be fixed now.
Glad to see the "blank VST GUI" problem has been adressed.

As far as steinberg is concerned, I'm almost sorry to have bought their C5. This kind of behaviour on their part is simply pathetic. But it's not the first bad move they made, and it's obviously not the last... just wish some1 made a DAW I liked using more than cubase

Also one question; What's the current advantage in using the VST3 version?
Is there any difference? If not, then why make a VST3 version?

Also if anyone knows... are steinberg plannig to adress these issues?
RAM: 2x 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
CPU: C2D E6850 @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: GF 8800GT 512MB
Sound: E-mu 1212M
DSP: UAD-2 Duo
USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...
Old 13.05.2009, 06:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
idealistically there shouldn't be a difference in between the VST2 and VST3 version of the plug-in. if the VST3 version doesn't work well for you, i'd be interested to learn more about it. maybe you want to give it another try sooner or later.

best, marc
Actually, if they are really identical, I might have to try it again. But like I said before, without sidechain working, it's pretty much pointless, imo. I will try to use VST3 version instead of VST2 from now on, since you say they should be identical.

Last edited by h4nc0 : 13.05.2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 13.05.2009, 07:15 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.F. View Post
First of all, thank you Access and Marc for a great update. 90% of (my) issues seem to be fixed now.
Glad to see the "blank VST GUI" problem has been adressed.

As far as steinberg is concerned, I'm almost sorry to have bought their C5. This kind of behaviour on their part is simply pathetic. But it's not the first bad move they made, and it's obviously not the last... just wish some1 made a DAW I liked using more than cubase

Also one question; What's the current advantage in using the VST3 version?
Is there any difference? If not, then why make a VST3 version?

Also if anyone knows... are steinberg plannig to adress these issues?
The VST3 version was made to eventually allow the internal sidechaining feature of the Virus to work in Cubase. Right now, that feature is not available because Steinberg has to allow internal sidechaining for VSTi's, which Marc has said they will be releasing in an update to thier SDK. So right now, it is kind of useless, but will be necessary in the hopefully near future.
Old 13.05.2009, 09:16 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Yeh View Post
So right now, it is kind of useless, but will be necessary in the hopefully near future.
i think there is more. as far as i understand it (correct me, if i'm wrong) there is currently no way to switch from a VST2 to a VST3 version of a plug-in without loosing data, such as the automation you wrote to the tracks accessing the plug-in. in order to keep songs compatible and allow yourself to open them in the more or less distant future without compromise you need to move on to VST3 sooner or later. in fact, all those who are waiting for 64bit support among other things should start to use the VST3 version if possible. we supply the VST3 version of virus control as a part of the public beta program so we can iron out bugs before you really needs to rely on it. i cannot tell if there are still bugs but so far it looks promising.

by the way: thanks to everybody who participated in the beta program and reported bugs. we owe you for testing this new version. i think, offering a public beta was mutually beneficial for you and us. we plan to continue going down this road.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 13.05.2009, 11:34 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
by the way: thanks to everybody who participated in the beta program and reported bugs. we owe you for testing this new version. i think, offering a public beta was mutually beneficial for you and us. we plan to continue going down this road.

best, marc
Thanks to Access for being committed to improving the TI products! No one would want to read through pages and pages of "No problems here", but in fact that is the case. Its been problem free for most people for some time now.

Regards.
B
Old 14.05.2009, 12:00 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
all those who are waiting for 64bit support among other things should start to use the VST3 version if possible. we supply the VST3 version of virus control as a part of the public beta program so we can iron out bugs before you really needs to rely on it. i cannot tell if there are still bugs but so far it looks promising.

best, marc
Well why didn't you say so?
I will begin testing asap (as, I'm sure, will many other users). Anything we can do to help the 64bit version along
RAM: 2x 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
CPU: C2D E6850 @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: GF 8800GT 512MB
Sound: E-mu 1212M
DSP: UAD-2 Duo
USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...