Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.07.2009, 08:36 PM
Pro
Pro

Default HELP 3.0.4 Beta Update

Keep trying to install this (thought id play) but my system keeps blue screening on the firmware update.

The driver install is fine but just before updating the virus BSD (Blue Screen of Death) appears...never had a problem with my PC and using same USB socket since ever getting the virus.

Only software to do this,.

Any ideas and anyone else had this issue.

Have done a cold reset on virus-rolled back drivers etc but still same issue odd but true

Only update its happened with is 3.0.4 all the other fine including back dating to 3.0.3.

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx

Last edited by TheHobbit : 21.07.2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 21.07.2009, 03:04 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
I think my Polar just sneezed in Cubase... buzz of noise then a staticy burst after about 2-3 hours of (light) usage in cubase, only two parts, happened when in playback changing between oscillator types quickly. Happened the next two times I did playback and tweaking.

I normally dont push the virus like that because I know its sensitive to overload while playing back tracks/reading the forums. That error sound familiar to everyone?
Hey,

Yea i've seen on many posts about the same problem. I have a Ti desktop and it does this too....i'll email access to see what they have to say.
Old 21.07.2009, 07:29 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
Absynth, I haven't had a chance to test out 3.0.4 yet, but with 3.0.3 I was able to get around the very sluggish VC UI (and other issues with Windows 7) by running my daw (Live in compatibility mode.
hm...gonna try that

i guess i´ll wait for the release version of the new update, sounds like too many problems
Old 21.07.2009, 07:34 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

There's Live 8.0.5b5 which supposedly fixes slow GUI issues with Win7, perhaps try that?
Old 21.07.2009, 07:39 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
Installation went fine here.
So far so good

I can confirm the bug, that when you change the " amp decay" (in Virus Contol!!!) the "amp release" moves as well
when you move the amp decay on the virus itself the amp release doesn't move in virus control.

WinXPsp3, TI1 Desktop, SX3

Br
Confirmed the bug for the Amp envelope. On the filter envelope it's normal. The bug does not appear when using the hardware.

So far the only bug i could confirm (finally, after around 30 months !!). Running OS 3.0.4 pb on Virus TI desktop (mk I), Ableton Live 8.0.4, Win Vista 32-bit.
I had no installation problems in all 3.x.x updates. I only deinstalled the old VC software before installation (not the drivers !!).
PC: Core2Quad Q6600, Win Vista SP1, 4GB RAM, M-Audio Ozonic, Ableton Live 8.0.4 ; synths: Yamaha Motif ES 7, Access Virus TI Desktop (OS 3.0.4 pb), ; softsynths: Sylenth1 v2.2, Alchemy v1.10.10, Waldorf Largo 1.1.0, NI Absynth 4, Minimonsta, some more...
Old 21.07.2009, 08:51 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atziluth View Post
skipping 64bit Vista support.
But I don't know if this makes sense?
skipping anything vista-related makes sense!

in my case, this OS didn't even survive the first bootup after unpacking my laptop. I got so pissed waiting that I turned the f***er off and popped in the xp cd

ontopic, I have never had any issue with any OS update - beta or not. strange to see so many problems reported, even with the installation? damn. I'll try it tomorrow and report.
Old 21.07.2009, 05:36 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
I've had the crash problem with every version of the ti firmware since I bought my ti2 desktop. It's not JUST the new beta releases.

If you'd read my post you'd see that I said it updated fine using my laptop and promtly crashed 5 minutes later. It has nothing to do with it being a beta release, it's the exact same crash I've been getting since I bought my TI like I said already. I don't see how you don't understand this. Just because your unit is working fine doesn't mean everyone else's is. I also don't see why you're getting butthurt from me saying it's ridiculous that something I paid $2000 for doesn't work unless it's complete blind fanboyism which I wouldn't put past you.

Oh and I did a system restore to before the last windows update and got it to install on my desktop too so something went wonky when XP updated last time, and it still crashes so that had nothing to do with it. Nice try though.
Sonis - I feel your pain....

But have you ever asked yourself.....maybe its your computer that is the problem? For alot of people (myself included) I've never really had the 'problems' or 'issues' that some people seem to rant about. I have a dedicated audio pc which was customed built by digital village. There is no unnecesary programs on my machine...and its been tweaked (both bios and windows) for optimum audio performance. I just feel that maybe there is a conflict in your connections or computer software that is running in the background.

Practically all software has bugs...and a combination of these bugs might result in strange behaviour in your sequencer or virus?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 21.07.2009, 06:10 PM

Access contacted the people I ordered it from and they're sending me a new unit today! Before I even sent the one I currently have back which actually really surprises me, but whatever it means I get a working virus faster so yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS View Post
But have you ever asked yourself.....maybe its your computer that is the problem?
Read the thread lol, it crashes when it's not even plugged in to the computer, dunno how many times I've said that.
Old 21.07.2009, 09:29 PM
Pro
Pro

Update to 3.0.4 no more BSD. Problem solved.

Tried again and it's worked updated to 3.0.4. Had a nasty Win32/Rootkit.Agent.ODG trojan in my system (teach me to surf on the DAW)...installed itself as a driver and kept renaming itself. Took a little while to remove but no real issue. Appears it tries to interrupt with any ports when communicating ethernet/usb and the like hence the system crsahing.

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 22.07.2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
Access contacted the people I ordered it from and they're sending me a new unit today! Before I even sent the one I currently have back which actually really surprises me, but whatever it means I get a working virus faster so yay!
RESULT, SONIS! \(^_^)/ YAY, indeed!

My TI2 Polar is pretty reliable; I can be in the middle of updating the bugger to the latest beta, so I'll go and put the kettle on, and sure enough, the MAC will go into standby, and as soon as I wake it up, the TI2 continues to accept the firmware upgrade! I always worry it'll corrupt the little sod, but it never does! Same thing happened with OS 3.0.4. Made myself a cuppa, had to wake the MAC up (must reconfigure the power settings! LOL) and it just went about its business.

It's not all good, though. I've had to wipe its nose after a sneeze on occasion.

LOL, wipe its nose, sneezing! Our Viruses all have H1N1! (@_@)