Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.07.2009, 01:25 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hi Sonis,

Good for you that your unit was replaced.I have the same problem as yours where the TI2 crashes even without anything connect except the power. Analoguehaven said unit replacement is only good for 45 days counting from purchase date . After which,the manufacturer takes over the warranty obligation. I bought mine last April. Since Access will not admit that this is a hardware problem then I am stuck to wait until Access comes up with an OS that will cure the sneezing and God only knows when. My take here is that if your replacement unit for example does not show the same problem as your original unit then it's confirmed that it's really a hardware problem and Access should do something about those that have problems just like mine.

Your input regarding your new TI2 would be very important. I hope you can post how it goes.Thanks
Old 22.07.2009, 01:46 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Actually, I don't own a Ti but a Kc
Since I'm considering upgrading to Ti, I've been reading most of the TI related threads with interest.

Something is bugging me, a fact that everyone seem to be missing :

Why the very same hardware configuration can lead to so many different buggy behaviors ?
Why after a hard reset, same machines, with same OS, have different stability issues ?
Why some of you cannot even upgrade the machine ?
Do viruses have life of their own ?

I mean, viruses are more or less computer with analogs and digital outputs. So far, I have never seen computers fitted with the same hardware components and OS acting differently after a clean install.

Some of you seem to be lucky with their virus while other can't even consider doing music with it, that's odd.
I think you should stop blaming your computer, USB cable, midi player or whatever, and ask yourself :

Is there any chance that, Virus stability issues are internal hardware related ?
(and yes the OS is probably buggy too, but not that buggy)

From my experience with computer and VAs, I know there are different qualities of hardware components (especially RAM chip), I'm also pointing this direction because my virus Kc had stability issues which were solved by sending it back to germany and having a faulty chip replaced.

just my 2 cents

frederic

Last edited by pixie : 22.07.2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 22.07.2009, 02:17 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I think the challenge here is to make Access admit that it's a hardware problem. Until they come into terms with this reality if ever this is really the case then TI2 owners like myself is destined to suffer.The problem is Access support keeps on insisting that the problem we face isn't hardware related but the problem with this claim is that if this isn't really HW related but the OS, then ALL TI2 sold will have the same problem. This is something that cannot be answered as there are only a handful of people having such a complain and I am sure there are more than 100 units sold worldwide.

Come on Access, give us the real score!
Old 22.07.2009, 06:27 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

So guys, how to fix Decay->Release knobs issue?
Old 22.07.2009, 06:35 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulidstate View Post
Hi Sonis,

Good for you that your unit was replaced.I have the same problem as yours where the TI2 crashes even without anything connect except the power. Analoguehaven said unit replacement is only good for 45 days counting from purchase date . After which,the manufacturer takes over the warranty obligation. I bought mine last April. Since Access will not admit that this is a hardware problem then I am stuck to wait until Access comes up with an OS that will cure the sneezing and God only knows when. My take here is that if your replacement unit for example does not show the same problem as your original unit then it's confirmed that it's really a hardware problem and Access should do something about those that have problems just like mine.

Your input regarding your new TI2 would be very important. I hope you can post how it goes.Thanks
Yeah I'll definitely post and let you know how the new unit ends up working. They're having me ship my old one direct to them so that they can look at it and see what was causing the crashing so hopefully they'll find something that'll work out in your favor.
Old 22.07.2009, 10:12 PM
Very mucho Newbie

c'mon access. give us 3.0.5!
Old 23.07.2009, 07:02 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulidstate View Post
Hi Sonis,

When i hear that problems concerning the TI2 i am glad that i have the TI Desktop mk I and didn't try to update. With my mk I Desktop (around 30 months old) most problems seem to be finally solved with the new update 3.0.4 pb.
I hope that those annoying problems with some TI2 and TI units will be solved by another update soon. Like i stated in an older post i was around 10 times up selling my TI but with every update it was getting a bit better. Now i have the hope that all problems could be fixed sooner or later. Not sure about those TI2 problems since i don't have one of those.
PC: Core2Quad Q6600, Win Vista SP1, 4GB RAM, M-Audio Ozonic, Ableton Live 8.0.4 ; synths: Yamaha Motif ES 7, Access Virus TI Desktop (OS 3.0.4 pb), ; softsynths: Sylenth1 v2.2, Alchemy v1.10.10, Waldorf Largo 1.1.0, NI Absynth 4, Minimonsta, some more...
Old 23.07.2009, 05:55 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Installed and everything seemed to work fine untill I came accross the Lfo section.
Now, when I dial just lfo '1', then the dial of lfo 2 goes allong as if I have they are linked, but they are not.
And it only happens when I edit the dial of lfo 1, not vice-versa.
Old 23.07.2009, 06:25 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones View Post
Now, when I dial just lfo '1', then the dial of lfo 2 goes allong as if I have they are linked, but they are not.
And it only happens when I edit the dial of lfo 1, not vice-versa.

Good to know. I never install beta again before it's well tested here Back to 3.03..
Old 23.07.2009, 07:35 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Someone may also notice that VC GUI in 3.04 is much slower, when you tweak knobs in particular. Now I'm even more certain about that with 3.03 on a board.