Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.07.2009, 10:32 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner schijvenaars View Post
Hello,

2 doc Jones these are mine setup configurations i send jou an PM.
Intel Core i7 920 - Motu HD192 - Uad2Quad - Powercore mkII
Windows XP 32 SP3 - Steinberg Cubase 5.01 - Midex 8

But anyone experienced with goeing back to 3.03,
when i load Virus control the display on the virus keeps saying "Update mode 3.04"
that looks strange to me becouse i already installed 3.03 (multiple times).

Thanks

There's Virus Control.dll in C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Common which stays at 3.0.4 even if you install 3.0.3. Just delete the whole folder and reinstall.
Old 01.08.2009, 12:46 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnome View Post
werner , 100's of people have ahd these issues, its a virus ti and thats what they do , honestly i give up on mine , its a substandard faulty synth which access know has design issues , hardware problems and bad build quality .
Now you are just talking absolute nonsense, gnome.

1. You have no idea how many people are having issues and how many are not, you pulled this number out of thin air.

2. There is nothing "substandard" about any Virus. Period. If you think the build quality is "bad", I am assuming you are new to the synth game, and again, are pulling this out of thin air.

3. Since you are in absolutely no position to comment on "hardware problems" or "design issues", this is potentially slanderous as you are making this up.

4. Could there be some bugs with 3.0.4? Sure, and Access will fix them surely. But looking at some of your statements, it looks to me like you did not even open the user manual, and have a very limited understanding of how the Virus works.

Sorry man, someone had to check you. Your post does not speak for all of us at all. I have done many projects with the TI, and the TI was a vital part of each.
Old 01.08.2009, 08:09 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas412 View Post
Is acid even a supported host?
I used Acid 6 to launch the VC where I can edit programs,etc. As I have mentioned in my post, I didn't have any problem doing this using earlier OS versions.
Old 01.08.2009, 10:21 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

When are we going to get a new beta release? Its been ages since the last one.
Old 03.08.2009, 01:02 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Been testing Win 7 and confirmed slow GUI response with Live 8.0.5b7. Could this be Aero related? On XP, GUI response was normal.

Last edited by h4nc0 : 03.08.2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03.08.2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nc0 View Post
Been testing Win 7 and confirmed slow GUI response with Live 8.0.5b7. Could this be Aero related? On XP, GUI response was normal.
I don't think Win7 is supported yet. That said, Win7 uses Vista drivers, so whatever works on Vista should with Win7.

Are your GPU drivers fully supported/updated with Win7? I know nVidia already supply Win7 certified (fully native) GPU drivers for their graphics cards.
Old 04.08.2009, 01:05 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
I don't think Win7 is supported yet. That said, Win7 uses Vista drivers, so whatever works on Vista should with Win7.

Are your GPU drivers fully supported/updated with Win7? I know nVidia already supply Win7 certified (fully native) GPU drivers for their graphics cards.

Yes. Updated with latest Nvidia driver. GUI slowdown issue only occurs when Virus Control is showing on screen. Other plugins work fine.
Old 04.08.2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nc0 View Post
I can confirm this. Same issue here, even when running live in compatibility mode.
Old 05.08.2009, 01:46 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

moving from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 got the following issues in my lovely unsupported Reaper3.x

1) ALWAYS: making an automation on a midiCC (modwhell in my case) gets the VC "out of sync error" and the virus in frenzy with audio instantly slowing down until burst+crash (the crash happens after 2-3 minutes of having it running in that "slowmode" condition). Disabling the automation all goes back working (after stop/play, of course).
2) sometimes (quite often, 60% chances): after you load the VC it will tell you that it's connected to the Virus but it isnt. The Virus stay in Single/Standalone mode (perfectly working, but cant control it by the VC in this condition). After this issue only hard-reset would allow me to reconnect VC to the Virus.
3) sometimes, while playing, all leds goes dead for half-second but there is no VC disconnection or any other counterside (not even audio clicks). This never happened to me with 3.0.3

For reference about the 1st issue, the exact same project was the one making the virus crash with the burst. The fact is that the chances to crash for each play was moderate, like 10-20% chances. With 3.0.4 instead the issue of slowdown+burst+crash happens ALWAYS.

1st note: yes, i did hard reset after 3.0.4 install.
2nd note: no, dont spam me about "your host is not supported, you must die on the stake", i know is not supported but i'm happy like that because 3.0.3 works WAY better on Reaper than on Cubase.

Cheers everyone ^^
Old 05.08.2009, 02:44 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
I can confirm this. Same issue here, even when running live in compatibility mode.
I have this same problem in WIN 7 and VISTA. I'm using XP now and it's all fine.

I'm using a ATI Raedon 2600 card. Drivers fully updated.