Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.09.2009, 06:50 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha
Default Ohhh! Dear

Please someone share in my pain or at least sympathize with my current misfortune. Perhapse I need some serious punishment for allowing something so stupid to happen.

Why did I have to go stick some pads to the under side of my typing keyboard??? Although I have had my set up like this the last 3 times, not once scratching the top of my virus I thought I better be safe than sorry.

What a mistake, the glue must not of dried propperly and seriously reacted with the top coating of my virus. It left what could only be discribed as a large frosting mark. When I discovered this I was struck by serious grief quite like i've never felt before. Warm soapy water failed to budge it although it did disappear when damp. The rage in me was building as attempts to shift it fail, only to rise to a small tantrum with what resulted in this next picture.

I hit my keyboard whilst holding it in the other hand. oh dear!!!! the far right corner was to spring back and smash my 32" Screen.

Here's the picture to how I had things. My keyboard sits on top of the virus and is often lifted up and arround. I really believed the pads where a good idea to prevent 2 nasty scratch lines accross my virus.

Bed has been my only comfort. I'm not sure anyone apart from people here understand how mortified I am. The screen will be replaced but my virus has been wounded for life.
Old 04.09.2009, 07:12 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Dear MM, I feel the shadow cast by your pain from here. There is no going back. You have hurt the thing you love. Your Virus will forever bear witness to your folly and thoughtlessness. It is as if you are a wicked person through and through.

On the plus side, here are some consolations

- these are, after all, only objects. You could have severed a finger or poked out your eye instead
- that part of your psyche that deals with object attachment will, in weeks or perhaps days, accommodate to the new reality and you will learn to love your virus with a love modified by the pity and the tenderness one may feel for an invalid loved one
- when it comes to time to upgrade your gear (ans such a time is as inevitable as damage and entropy), you may find that the damage serves to make the upgrade decision easier. You may experience thoughts such as 'you know, my old Virus was really beyond loving any more - it will be a kindness to let it go, and welcome in this lovely new Access Bacterium|TB'
- you have undergone an invaluable learning experience, and can glory and delight in the sensation of human growth
- it is the sound that matters, not the appearance. It is only the visibly distressed Stratocaster, and not the factory-fresh one, that can produce the genuinely blue notes that shake your soul to its very foundations. Your Virus has been wounded in action, and has been transformed into an honourable and noble soldier in the cause of music creation

I hope this helps. I got a bit upset when I noticed the first of those very micro scratches you were trying to avoid on my Virus KB. I have cut out a piece of IKEA plastic cushioned drawer liner to forestall further distress. Yet only yesterday I had to slap myself on the wrist for popping a cup of tea onto the Virus, and remove it damn quick, stupid.
Old 04.09.2009, 05:33 PM
Pro
Pro

Feeling for you, truely we are....

The virus - well a nice logo sticker may help band-aid your grief and whynot attempt a case mod - might even start a trend 'Pimp my Virus' who knows.

Screen issue...simple. Remove all posts and evidence its happened.

Get contecnts insurance....wait a while 6-8 weeks and see what accident happens where you need to claim for an item

Like mentioned its all replaceable and fixable....8 fingers, 2 thumbs, eyes and ears....you're good to make music

If all else fails I am informed the following works wonders - put clothes pegs on your nipples, masturbate vigourously, beat yourself with a cheese grater and oops wrong forum...

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 04.09.2009, 05:45 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad I am not the only one to have anger issues. Sometimes things really get to me too and I feel like smashing things around. That cracked screen is a real ouch! Hope things become clearer when you calm down a bit. Lesson learned here for all of us. The next time I get real angry, I will think of your cracked screen and remember what could happen if I'm not careful.

All the best for the future.
Old 04.09.2009, 08:24 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Prentend it's a battle scar for a crazy gig.
Old 05.09.2009, 12:15 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

That screen damage is the worst of it I'd say (bit hard to use now), but the mark on the TI adds characture - gotta look on the bright side. My Nord has been through hell, but history in the form of loose knobs, scratches and dents just makes me love it more.

Feel for ya though, as you were just trying to stop scratches in the first place.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 05.09.2009, 04:28 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Some great words, thanks. Brought a smile back. At least now things are messed up I can stop wasting time getting things right and start making some music.
Old 05.09.2009, 12:57 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Beauty is skin deep
Old 05.09.2009, 01:18 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell View Post
That screen damage is the worst of it I'd say (bit hard to use now), but the mark on the TI adds characture - gotta look on the bright side. My Nord has been through hell, but history in the form of loose knobs, scratches and dents just makes me love it more.

Feel for ya though, as you were just trying to stop scratches in the first place.
totally agree...some years ago I had a Korg Trinity, it sounded good but the hardware was crap, it was so porous it caught every bit of dust around...from silver grey it turned to dust grey I took it as a sign of destiny and removed the case, replacing it with a custom-made steel encasement, painted green and brown like a military suit, it was heavy as hell but it was soooo cool. now you may try the same, if you're into that kind of stuff.

ad sure as hell no one will blame you for owning a scarred Virus TI...most people will envy you anyway
My personal music (classical, soundtrack, anything else): http://www.myspace.com/stefanobottarellimusic

"Everything starts with E"
Old 06.09.2009, 11:58 AM
Newborn
Newborn

hi

Try to rub some WD40 oil into the mark left on the virus, it will loosen up the stickyness very easliy and possibly clean it all off with out damaging the virus, they usually used wd40 if you get gum, or stickyness stuck on a surface from old tape.

It works for me.

Regards
Polcure