Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.07.2009, 08:40 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Yeah of course haha, they just tell me basic stuff that I've tried 1000x over just doing a hard reset by holding arp edit, and when that doesn't work they tell me that they're working on it.

Either that or the ticket sits unanswered for 2 weeks.
Old 18.07.2009, 08:59 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
I've had the crash problem with every version of the ti firmware since I bought my ti2 desktop. It's not JUST the new beta releases.

If you'd read my post you'd see that I said it updated fine using my laptop and promtly crashed 5 minutes later. It has nothing to do with it being a beta release, it's the exact same crash I've been getting since I bought my TI like I said already. I don't see how you don't understand this. Just because your unit is working fine doesn't mean everyone else's is. I also don't see why you're getting butthurt from me saying it's ridiculous that something I paid $2000 for doesn't work unless it's complete blind fanboyism which I wouldn't put past you.

Oh and I did a system restore to before the last windows update and got it to install on my desktop too so something went wonky when XP updated last time, and it still crashes so that had nothing to do with it. Nice try though.
I have never really understood what possesses people who use beta software, or early adopters to scream at the top of their lungs until their blue in the face when they have a problem. Does it make you feel better? I have seen guys like you at the Apple Genius Bar just yelling at the top of their lungs and I always just sort of laugh to myself.

"I paid "$XXXX.XX", blah blah blah!".

My man, there is nothing in my studio that makes sound that hasn't had some bugs... Computers, synths, even really old synths I have had some funny errors.

I have used Viruses since the very first Virus. The Access folks have always managed to sort things out at the end of the day, and are light-years more responsive than any other synth company who's products I have used. I am sure they are working on it as we speak. Have some patience, they will get it right. They always have.

And if you want to live a life without ever seeing a bug again... learn to play the Banjo.

K
Old 18.07.2009, 09:27 PM

I bought the virus on Feb. 20th, 5 months is a bit past the "early adopter" point don't you think? :P

Has nothing to do with the fact that it's beta software like I've said already. I've had the problem since I bought the thing. How is it at all unrealistic to expect a show stopping bug like this to be fixed 5 months later?

Just to help illustrate the severity, it's not an occasion crash every 2-3 hours, that I could totally deal with. The thing crashed twice in the two minutes it took me to type this post, and the USB cable isn't even plu... three times... gged in right now.

EDIT: in fact let me find the battery charger for my video camera so you can see what I'm talking about, I'll get a video of the crash machine up in a few hours. Maybe you'll understand why I sound so angry then.
Old 18.07.2009, 11:20 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
I bought the virus on Feb. 20th, 5 months is a bit past the "early adopter" point don't you think? :P

Has nothing to do with the fact that it's beta software like I've said already. I've had the problem since I bought the thing. How is it at all unrealistic to expect a show stopping bug like this to be fixed 5 months later?

Just to help illustrate the severity, it's not an occasion crash every 2-3 hours, that I could totally deal with. The thing crashed twice in the two minutes it took me to type this post, and the USB cable isn't even plu... three times... gged in right now.

EDIT: in fact let me find the battery charger for my video camera so you can see what I'm talking about, I'll get a video of the crash machine up in a few hours. Maybe you'll understand why I sound so angry then.
When the machine crashes, what are you doing? You said USB is not connected, are you playing it? changing patches? or is it just idle and crashing?
Old 18.07.2009, 11:24 PM

It's just sitting there idle crashing.

Video is uploading to youtube right now. Crashed 16 times in 10 minutes while sitting idle. Just left my camera on a tripod pointing at the virus while I made myself lunch and exported the first 10 minutes worth of video.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9KHVGVAnM4

Last edited by Sonis : 19.07.2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 19.07.2009, 02:14 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Sonis....

Sonis: Brand-new to this forum; I actually just joined so that I could post directly to you:

It really sounds like your TI2 is defective.

The only other thing that I can think of, is whatever you're using to load in the OS is possibly corrupting the OS data as it streams into the TI2.

I had an interesting experience with a Roland VS-2480 I picked up from GC a couple months back; I reloaded the OS to clear it out (don't initially trust used equipment purchases....especially since this one was so cheap!) several times using a 'reliable' dual-core laptop, and afterward, the VS kept rebooting and rebooting.

I contacted Roland to find out what I could do; they told me that they needed to see the machine for 100 buck minimum; they also hinted that they would reload the OS using an antiquated (but ultra-reliable) computer kept just for the purpose.

Anyway, I came up with a solution:

Since the OS was loaded via midi, I put the OS file into my Triton Extreme, and 'played' the file using the built-in sequencer.

Viola! The VS accepted the file, was restarted, and booted normally.....and has been working fine ever since!

HUGE lesson(s)!

1.) If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That may include chasing every OS update that comes along, and:

2.) There is most definitely a risk when doing an OS update; and in my VS-2480's case, it was my laptop-midi combo.

The fact that Roland support keeps an antiquated computer around just to GUARENTEE updates to VS machines that they see will be done successfully says volumes about the need to keep the OS update data stream pure to avoid the nightmare that your TI2 is causing you...I really hope that you get it staightened out, Sonis.

I got a TI1 and (2) Snows; I love mine, but I only update when the benefits truly out-weigh the risks....

Good luck, Sonis.

Sincerely,

goldenanalog

EDIT: Sonis, just to be clear: I'm hopeful that it's just a bad and/or incomplete OS loaded into your TI2, but my fear is that it is indeed 'broken.'

Please keep us informed, and (hopefully) marc & co make this right. I'd hate to be in your shoes...having something as extremely cool as a TI2, and not being able to even trust it for a minute (saw some of your video on youtube) RJH

Last edited by goldenanalog : 19.07.2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 19.07.2009, 06:06 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

wow, yeah Sonis, something is definitely wrong there. That would drive me insane!
Old 19.07.2009, 10:13 AM

Bitter! (>_<)

I'd be furious! It's stuffed, so send it back, no further debate!! (>_<)
Old 19.07.2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Sonis, have you contacted support? Just curious.
that's right. exactly
Sonis after bla bla bla do something useful
also nobody knows your software and hardware setup
and if they function rightly
Old 19.07.2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telson View Post
that's right. exactly
Sonis after bla bla bla do something useful
also nobody knows your software and hardware setup
and if they function rightly
I can't believe what i'm reading in this thread!! Telson, are YOU actually reading this thread?? You're being a cock to guy that has a machine that is screwed!! And your last post, quoted above, will hopefully be your last on this matter as you shamble away knowing you're trolling a guy for no reason, given the quote from Sonis below, of course, which was posted yesterday!

Quote:
Yeah of course haha, they just tell me basic stuff that I've tried 1000x over just doing a hard reset by holding arp edit, and when that doesn't work they tell me that they're working on it.

Either that or the ticket sits unanswered for 2 weeks.