Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.09.2009, 03:46 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha
Default Sidechain in cubase 4 & Virus TI, how to.

I've done a lil Demo of sidechaining in cubase with the ti. Just a lil helper for someone on another forum.

Thought it might be a good idea to let everyone who might need it have a look & listen.

http://rapidshare.com/files/285297725/Manassi.rar
or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ykytmkzawdz/Manassi.rar

Although most users here probably can do it, don't be laffing at my simple explinations. I've placed comments in the cubase notepad for each track to guide new users.

It's deffinetly a begginers guide.

Also the compressor is only set for an extreme to hear it working, not how pro ppl would actualy set it. That I don't know (yet).

you may need to load in the globaldjms patch

Last edited by mitchiemasha : 26.09.2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 27.09.2009, 10:49 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

thanks for this, im going to check it out.
Old 28.09.2009, 11:34 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

If anyone is intrested I've took the cubase routing even further. Way beyond my scope of explination. Took me ages to suss out. Could up load that too but explaining it would be impossible. It's the same demo as above but a bit more confusing.

Problem, You need lots of reverb on the bass note but you only want it to sound after the note has finished. Predelay is a quick solution but doesn't achive the sound we are after. The reverb tail of the first note will blend into the second. The bass needs to be dry and gritty.

If cubase had the ability to send the wet mix output only of the reverb plug in to a seperate channel we could add a side chained compressor (side chained by a send of the actual music notes) to the wet reverb channel. This would cut out the reverb from when ever the notes are pressed, leaving the big roomy tails in any gaps. Don't forget this still needs to include the kickdrum sidechain too.

I' was told it can't be done. In FL it's easy as you just link the parameter (wet slider in the reverb) to the peak controller, inverted. To put it simple its kind of like sitting there and manualy turning the wet fader down every time the note is pressed. I don't use FL myself but I did use my friends just to hear the effect I wanted in action. It's also easy to do it with hardware.

This effect is unreal when done right. I myself though am still learning what the decent compression and reverb setting are. The reverb is much harder to get right as altering it through the track is what achieves the effect .

Last edited by mitchiemasha : 28.09.2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03.10.2009, 08:28 AM
Pro
Pro

Nice to see someone making making a real effort and sharing their explorations. This will definately save a lot of people a lot of time and help them understand more, me included...send me the link the other one worked nicely.

Of course doing it yourself can yield dividends as errors can result individual creativity

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 03.10.2009, 12:59 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I'm going to add some notes to it but will upload when done.