Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.12.2008, 02:24 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Network View Post
I've the same problem since yesterday when I updated from 2.7.3 to 2.7.5
Impossible to downgrade, impossible to work with my Virus in Logic.

What can I do ?
Sorry to hear that...but relieved that I'm not alone.

Knock, knock, Joerg....
Old 24.12.2008, 03:29 PM
New here
New here

Hey,

All repaired !!!

The Access support sent to me a personal application to reset my Virus and Restart the installation.

All works fine now ...

Great support

Happy Christmas to all of you !

Best Regards,
Vincent
Old 25.12.2008, 07:35 AM

FUCK
Old 25.12.2008, 09:06 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

i.s.o expressing yourself in a bad way you should contact the Acces support helpdesk and ask them if they can help you out in the same way they did with Digital Network.

The only thing i read from you on this website is shit this and shit that...but if you are not satisfied with your instrument you should better contact Acces about this to get it solved.

Till now i am always helped quickly and correctly by them...so i can expect the same for you.
Old 25.12.2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime NL View Post
i.s.o expressing yourself in a bad way you should contact the Acces support helpdesk and ask them if they can help you out in the same way they did with Digital Network.

The only thing i read from you on this website is shit this and shit that...but if you are not satisfied with your instrument you should better contact Acces about this to get it solved.

Till now i am always helped quickly and correctly by them...so i can expect the same for you.
For your information, Joerg and I have emailed back and forth no less than 20 times in the past 2 weeks. The problem STILL persists.

Got anything else clever to add?
Old 25.12.2008, 09:08 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
For your information, Joerg and I have emailed back and forth no less than 20 times in the past 2 weeks. The problem STILL persists.

Got anything else clever to add?

I guess your fuck should do the trick isn't it.
Old 25.12.2008, 09:28 PM

Hopefully.

Welcome to my ignore list.
Old 07.01.2009, 04:51 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Hey guys,

This has got to be a software problem if it was caused by a hanging installation.

Have you tried doing a clean uninstall/reinstall of Logic and your Virus Control software? This would be a good place to start. If all else fails with a basic uninstall/reinstall, it is pretty easy to reinstall OS X from scratch without affecting all of your applications and files - I can help you with this if you need it, just post back asking for assistance.

As for hard drive setup, HFS+ Journaled is the default for OS X, and the one you should always use (don't use case-sensitive, it is usually recommended against for general use). HFS+ is the format, and "Journaled" means that it keeps logs of what it's doing so that if your computer crashes it can get the file system back in order during the next reboot.

The .dll file issue suzzymackenzie brought up will not affect you, since you are on a Mac. DLL = Dynamic Link Library, which only applies to Windows.

Some other things you might want to try to isolate the issue:

1) Does the TI show up in the System Profiler? Go to the Apple menu, choose "About This Mac", and click "More Info" to launch System Profiler. With the USB cable connected to the Virus, look in the section in System Profiler called "USB". Your Virus should show up in there; mine shows up under the root USB Bus as "Virus TI". If you are not seeing your Virus here you might have a problem with your USB bus hardware, or the USB controller software on your Mac. It's unlikely but possible that something was cocked up here when the installation hung.

2) Do you see any related or weird messages logged to the Console? Console can be found in Applications/Utilities. Anything bad that happens is typically logged there, so long as the software developers were being good citizens. Sometimes the messages can be cryptic to the layman but they can be very useful to software engineers. I have found problems with Logic before by looking in Console, after which you can usually Google the messages and find a possible resolution. After you launch Console, click on "Show Log List" if you can't see the list of logs on the left hand side, and then click on "All Messages" to see everything that is logged. I would recommend opening Console first, and then watching it as you start Logic and try to launch the Virus plugin - messages will show up there as they are logged in real time. If there is too much happening in the "All Messages" log, Logic logs to its own logs under LOG FILES => ~/Library/Logs => Logic in the Log List. I'm not sure if the Virus Control software logs anywhere, you might want to ask Joerg.

Post back to let me know how you do with those and I'll see if I can think of anything else. Good luck! If you end up resolving the issue yourself, make sure you post back with the resolution for others to follow.

- max