Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.05.2010, 11:26 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Virus Rack Classic owners please help me if you can =)

Hello, all I ask is if you can put online a wav/aif sample of a standard sound of the OS 2.2 because I have the suspicion that my Virus Rack Classic has some problem somewhere... I will later tell you which patch I would like to hear from your units, I'm resetting the unit... please!!! Thanks! =)
Renoise + Reaper + GoldWave + VCommander registered user! - Roland JV-1080 - Korg M1R - Korg DSS-1 - Yamaha FB-01 - Yamaha P-85S - M-AUDIO Keystation 61ES - Focusrite Saffire LE - Access VIRUS Rack Classic - Access VIRUS Rack XL - Jackson Pro SL - Award Session Sessionmaster JD-10 - Randall Century 3000
Old 17.05.2010, 10:36 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsx View Post
Hello, all I ask is if you can put online a wav/aif sample of a standard sound of the OS 2.2 because I have the suspicion that my Virus Rack Classic has some problem somewhere... I will later tell you which patch I would like to hear from your units, I'm resetting the unit... please!!! Thanks! =)
http://digilander.libero.it/fungusme...h4BC-noise.wav
Hello, here's the sample... well I imagine your face while listening to this "is that guy out of mind?" well in part I am. By the way, the bank B instrument 91 of the Virus Rack Classic has the noise color set to -21 but the noise level set to 0. Ok it might be just a mistake in programming, a leftover between tweaks, but to be sure I restored the default A and B banks from what I downloaded from your page. The first instance of the sound is the one that comes out of the box, it sounds very shallow, while the second one is just with added noise level (max, 127). As you can (maybe) hear only the second instance sounds like a drum crash (well, not very well but at least more similar than the first instance).
In the demosong the difference was in noise really: in fluxcompensator.mp3 around 1' 31'' there is a white noise section that in my unit was very subtle and noise-less, so maybe the problem is somewhere in the noise function (in my unit... or maybe in all S units?). I know that both the Motorola and the other DSP should sound the same but you know... I had that experience so I'm just wondering.

Thanks and sorry for bothering.
Renoise + Reaper + GoldWave + VCommander registered user! - Roland JV-1080 - Korg M1R - Korg DSS-1 - Yamaha FB-01 - Yamaha P-85S - M-AUDIO Keystation 61ES - Focusrite Saffire LE - Access VIRUS Rack Classic - Access VIRUS Rack XL - Jackson Pro SL - Award Session Sessionmaster JD-10 - Randall Century 3000
Old 22.05.2010, 03:50 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsx View Post
http://digilander.libero.it/fungusme...h4BC-noise.wav
Hello, here's the sample... well I imagine your face while listening to this "is that guy out of mind?" well in part I am. By the way, the bank B instrument 91 of the Virus Rack Classic has the noise color set to -21 but the noise level set to 0. Ok it might be just a mistake in programming, a leftover between tweaks, but to be sure I restored the default A and B banks from what I downloaded from your page. The first instance of the sound is the one that comes out of the box, it sounds very shallow, while the second one is just with added noise level (max, 127). As you can (maybe) hear only the second instance sounds like a drum crash (well, not very well but at least more similar than the first instance).
In the demosong the difference was in noise really: in fluxcompensator.mp3 around 1' 31'' there is a white noise section that in my unit was very subtle and noise-less, so maybe the problem is somewhere in the noise function (in my unit... or maybe in all S units?). I know that both the Motorola and the other DSP should sound the same but you know... I had that experience so I'm just wondering.

Thanks and sorry for bothering.

Hello again... it seems that I have helped myself since probably nobody cares about these subtleties, not even the Access Music support, of course they have plenty to do and the machine (Rack Classic) is old and not as popular as other versions. So, my Rack Classic works perfectly.
Fortunately, the instrument I was playing on the Virus Rack Classic is present also in the Virus Rack XL, and in the latter it sounds "properly" as a drum crash cymbal. I assume that since the Virus Rack Classic is a Virus B with less features, the same sound could be present also in the Virus B, but since the Virus B has more FM modes than the Rack Classic, which has only the "PosTri" FM mode, the sound probably has been designed for the B and simply bulk-transferred to the Rack Classic, where it inherited the PosTri FM mode, the only possible mode. In the Virus Rack XL, which should be the Virus C rack-mounted, the noise color is -21 and the noise level is set to 0, but the FM mode is set to "Noise", hence the Crash 4 is designed to use the FM mode to generate the noise filling typical of the cymbal.

And that's it. Thanks to the readers for the interest, anyway! Cheers! =)