Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.11.2004, 09:25 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/attachment.php?s=d9164773f38a59085e7386c72644e165&postid=408110/virus_ti_keys.jpg
Buahaha! That's just poor.

I wonder how many people really take these rumours seriously. I know some (a quite many actually) have contacted Access for these hoaxes. Do really people believe that a release of a new Access synth is announced on crappy forums and posting lists before the official site. G?hihi. Gullible fools. Probably trance people. BUAHAHAHA!
Old 06.11.2004, 10:18 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I think access would deny it anyway right up to the hour of thier own official announcement.

Some geezer I know belives they will announce something on monday...we can only wait

ten
Old 06.11.2004, 10:22 PM

Well rather than specualte about something that isn't even here. Lets just wait till Monday then.

Don't contact Access until you have soemthing concrete to base your questions on hey.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 06.11.2004, 10:41 PM
Administrator

I would donate one testicle for that there synth.
Old 06.11.2004, 10:42 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hey, ill give both of mine......they only get you into trouble anyway

ten
Old 06.11.2004, 10:46 PM
Administrator

I'll throw in one of my legs too, along with said bollock.
Old 07.11.2004, 01:29 AM
Administrator

mmm.... 3D render. Attention to detail, though - 32 knobs used, as on the Virus B and C.

Damn nice tho, and great internal "spec's". But still no ribbon controller. ...There's room for one under those mod wheels as well.
Old 07.11.2004, 07:33 AM
New here
New here

Wheter hoax or not, this kind of total integration is the right way to go for hardware epuipment.

Compared to plug-ins, hardware synths are currently a big hassle to work with in terms of recalling the settings from song to song, having the song play correctly after some time, selecting patches/editing the multi and archiving patches. And in most cases all this needs to be done for a number of outside equipment per song, not just one synth. How many editors would one like to open in parallel to an overloaded sequencer? I for instance have to open one for the Virus, one for the Motif Rack and one for TR-Rack. I'd need a video wall to see them all at once, plus Cubase doesn't like to loose focus all the time.

The way integration is described above, it reminds TC Powercore combined with an outside audio/midi interface, so it must be feasible.

Anyone who wrote the specs, be it Access or a regular user like us, really understands where music tech goes and proposes something that is both feasible and needs to be done to compete to the ever better sounding plug-ins.

As far as the new sound engine is concerned, having 16 single sounds would of course be awesome, but this maybe the biggest hint for a hoax, as 16 delay/reverbs do need a lot of power and RAM. Add to these fx 80+ poly and you have something way beyond today's standards...

Time will tell!

DS
Old 07.11.2004, 09:35 AM
Administrator

The VST integration was indeed a brilliant idea. You would be able to add VST FX to everytrack without having to record it first.
Old 07.11.2004, 12:29 PM
Administrator

>>but this maybe the biggest hint for a hoax, as 16 delay/reverbs do need a lot of power and RAM.

AFAIK, the Novation Supernova II had delay/'verb effects available on each and every part. That was back in 2000. Admittedly, though, the Supernova II had, I think, just 8-part multi-timbrality, as opposed to the TI's alleged 80! lol

80-note poly would go down well, though. You could start to use the Virus as a serious "workstation"-type VA synth in the context, with numerous multi-timbral layered unison pads, leads - you name it - all together. All you'd need now was an onboard sequencer.